Notices

ST rear swaybar question

Old 12-01-2002, 11:18 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ST rear swaybar question

quick question for those of you with ST rear swaybars for a civic w/no stock sway bars.... Do the endlinks mount to the same place as the bottom of the rear struts? Do they just give you a longer bolt, and you just bolt it up through the LCA and bottom of the shock?

If you could take pics, that would be the sh*t. Thanks
Old 12-01-2002, 12:05 PM
dnt94civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are sort of correct, in that you do connect the endlink of the sway bar to the bottom bolt of the rear shock, but you don't need a longer bolt. However, you will need to rotate your rear shocks 180 degrees before installation.

You get a 90 degree adapter plate, where one side gets connected to the rear shock bolt, and the other end gets connected to the endlink of the sway bar.

I have a pic, buts it is not the best in the world.

Webshots won't allow me to link pictures, but here a link to the webshots area:

Look at the pic that says "old st sway left"

ST sway bar

HTH
Old 12-01-2002, 01:22 PM
Brad
wooo nascar!

this is the only pic i have of mine..

Old 12-01-2002, 02:41 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I don't know about your car but rotating the struts is not what you do. I had to smash off the welded nut. Dremel+chisel+hammer=no more nut. After that my ST thing came with all the hardware so it made no difference that it wasn't welded on.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:59 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

dnt94civic.... you upgraded to ITR bar, how did it compare to the ST bar?

I'm thinking of the ST bar because I have extra civic LCAs to put fresh bushings into, but if the ITR bar is significantly better, I could buy some integra LCAs to put fresh bushings into and use the ITR bar...

Is the ITR bar a serious step up from the ST one?
Old 12-01-2002, 03:05 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

also... I know its a good idea to use a beaks kit with the 22mm bar, but would i need it with the ST bar?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:59 PM
dnt94civic

Originally posted by white_n_slow
dnt94civic.... you upgraded to ITR bar, how did it compare to the ST bar?

I'm thinking of the ST bar because I have extra civic LCAs to put fresh bushings into, but if the ITR bar is significantly better, I could buy some integra LCAs to put fresh bushings into and use the ITR bar...

Is the ITR bar a serious step up from the ST one?

also... I know its a good idea to use a beaks kit with the 22mm bar, but would i need it with the ST bar?
There was a major difference in the feel of the car, after installing the ITR bar. My car has a much better feeling to it now. However, that is not to say that the ST sway bar sucked. It worked very well for me too. I would say that it is a step up from the ST one. But either works well. As for the reinforcement kit, ST supplies their own type of reinforcement kit when you buy it, so no need to buy a beaks kit. Also, you mentioned that you are going to put new bushings into the lca's. Just to let you know, the integra and civic ones are different. except for the bushing that connects to the shocks, which is the same.

HTH
Old 12-01-2002, 11:01 PM
dnt94civic

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
I don't know about your car but rotating the struts is not what you do. I had to smash off the welded nut. Dremel+chisel+hammer=no more nut. After that my ST thing came with all the hardware so it made no difference that it wasn't welded on.
If you have a 92-up civic, I know for a FACT that you rotate the struts. Don't know for sure about the 4th gen hatch. But from my experience, most ST sway bars are bolt ons. and if you had to dremel and chisel and hammer, I think YOU did something wrong.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:16 AM
Brad
wooo nascar!

Originally posted by dnt94civic
If you have a 92-up civic, I know for a FACT that you rotate the struts.
:werd: