Notices

hot/cold running a/c

Old 08-18-2008, 12:16 PM
rparker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hot/cold running a/c

My '94 Acura Legend Coupe's AC blows cold, then it will keep blowing, but not the cold air. I've checked the coolant fans, and for what I can see, they cut on and off as they should . Even with the fans blowing, it doesn't blow cold, then it blows cold. This usually happens when I start the car for the first time after not driving it, like first time of the day, or if I haven't driven for a few hours. After a few "hot cold" cycles, it seems to be fine. I can feel when it engages the cold air when I'm driving, as if a switch is turned on, and then the cabin starts cooling down again. Can it be a fuse, switch, part going bad? Can anyone help me?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:29 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the AC compressor is turning when you have the engine running and the A/C switch turned on, then the electrical side checks out.

My bet is that you've got a slow leak of coolant and you're in need of a pressure test and recharge. When similar symptoms struck my 97 Integra last summer, it was the low pressure side schrader valve that had failed.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!