Notices

1997 Acura 2.5 TL

Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
1997ACURATL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Acura 2.5 TL

Im new here and all and i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I just bought my first car a 97 Acura 2.5 TL and its got 220K. I was wondering if I was to purchase parts or to do an engine swap, what would be compatible? would Honda Accord parts be acceptable or would it have to be another 2.5TL? There are a few cosmetic changes I was interested in doing..but I need to learn a few things first. I have a host of questions but when I remember them i shall post.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
LastBoyScout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 96 TL 2.5L and we are basically on our own. We can scavenge some parts from the Vigor, but something that Ive been looking at, but havent had the time to do yet is a Throttle Body Swap from a 99 GSR. The TB gaskets look the same size and it looks like the bolt holes line up, but I havent had the chance to get a gasket from the TL 2.5L and a GSR and line them up to be sure. Of course, anything like a TB swap is only good if you get your intake ported and polished, and then your looking at needing to open up your exhaust since air in is only as good as air out.

Anywho, if the bolt holes line up then an aftermarket TB Spacer would work as well.

Only real reason that Im lookin at a TB swap is im modding my car for Fuel Economy and i could use large air flow at a much lower throttle body opening.