Notices

what intake/exaust/bodykit should i get.....

Old 11-18-2002, 03:53 AM
Nvious_Creation
Envious Creations Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what intake/exaust/bodykit should i get.....

what intake/exaust/body kit should i get... im gonna get the motegi 17" mr7 (white)
Old 11-18-2002, 11:05 AM
skratchnsnift
boom

aem cai/greddy sp/mugen w/custom lip
Old 11-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Craig

Don't save your money, you never know when your going to get laid off I'm just teasing. I'm just bitter at the moment

Craig
Old 11-18-2002, 05:19 PM
94delslow

Intake: Comptech Icebox.. I think this one really is the best intake out there, and with winter coming up and you being in kansas, an AEM would be the safest application..

Exhaust *I* personally would not get an exhaust (yet anyway) for a few reasons: Unless you are heavily modded an exhaust isnt really doing that much for you, and depending on what you *really end up doing to your car*, the exhaust system you buy now wont be the most beneficial in the future. Exhausts on hondas for the most part sound like **** unfortunately and it just attracts for attention from cops.

Body kit WHATEVER YOU WANT... You should get a body kit (if you really want it that bad) that YOU like... Its all personal preference...although ill say most look like **** (the Mugen kit is the only one ive seen that i like)
Old 11-19-2002, 01:47 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Intakes are a joke. Filter on a stick, and it gives you 2-3 horse. Get the cheapest you can!
Body kits all look goonie on sols. Lip kits are where it's at, and if you get anything before wheels, it looks lame as hell.
Exhaust, it's a lose lose situation for sols. Get a nice muffler and have piping custom bent, and you'll save a lot of dough, and have a nicer setup.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:50 PM
jackalpupz

maybe no name brand "intakes" are jokes. Get a AEM CAI and you will feel your car pull abit more. Atleast for the VTEC model u will feel it.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by jackalpupz
maybe no name brand "intakes" are jokes. Get a AEM CAI and you will feel your car pull abit more. Atleast for the VTEC model u will feel it.
you're gonna feel it even on an S with a ****ty intake... Minimal, no matter what. If you can tell me that an AEM CAI can give you more than 2 hp more than a generic short ram, and back it up with a dyno sheet, I'll believe it. That, and for the difference in price, you can afford a lot of other **** for your car... Or a date! This boy seriously needs a date if all he's thinking about is body kits....
Old 11-19-2002, 03:47 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by jackalpupz

AEM is garbage...pos and a waste of money...i have the iceman, seems ok, sounds nice..thats all i care about. i had a generic CAI b4 that and i dont feel a difference between the 2.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:52 PM
jackalpupz

I think bodykits are overrated. Most dont look that great on del sols anywayz. Just dropping your car and having rims give it a nice look. Save the 1000 bucks from a kit and paintjob and do some engine mods. I would rather buy a package deal I/H/E (all quality brands) for a grand, then Putting a kit on my car. Usually ppl expect your car to be fast if your showing off a bodykit on yur car. Only thing you will do is disapoint ppl if its all show and no go.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:58 PM
jackalpupz

Waste of money? Its only 220 bucks. Maybe 50 or 60 bucks more then cheap rice garbage. You get what you PAY for. Why put Generic stuff on your car? Thats usually what ricers do. They the ones who buy intakes and Exhaust systems from Pepboys etc and think it does there car good. If your hobby is gunna be cars and moding them up, Do it right and dont low ball and buy cheap stuff.