Notices

Civic Si parts... Goin on my hatch? whats good?

Old 11-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Louie3252
yea. im slow... DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Si parts... Goin on my hatch? whats good?

Hey what civic Si (99-00) suspension parts are good to swap onto a 98 civic hatch>? I thought the si's have like under body sway bars>? Or somthing like that? Anyone have pics of these things? And cant you just get them off a Gsr? What gains do these things add? ( I dont know much about this so feel free to tell me whats helpful) -thanks

One other thing, are the radiator supports diffent on the Si, vs the Hatch of the same chassis? Cause I want to swap the Si front end some time soon, but wondered if the radiator mounts./supports would get in the way? ( i know what all is needed for the 98 to 99 front end convo) Just wondered about the mounts.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:37 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Si front LCA's are stamped aluminum pieces, and are lighter than the cast(forged, maybe?) iron ones on your hatch. The Si ones will also allow you to add an Si front swaybar, since your frotn LCA's don't have endlink mounting locations. You would need the Si swaybar, D-brackets, bushings, endlinks and front LCAs. You can also use the rear swaybar from an Si. You would need the swaybar, D-brackets, bushings, and endlinks. Your stock rear LCAs alreader have holes for the endlinks. I would also take the rear disc brakes fromt he Si if you have the option. Get the entire trailing arms if possible. Otherwise, you can make due with just the hubs/calipers/rotors. You'll also need the parking brake cables and brakelines. You can convert to the 99-00 front end without changing your radiator support, but it's easier with the 99-00 radiator support. The mounting points for the radiator should be the same from 96-98 and 99-00, it's the bumper and headlight mounting points that are probably different.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Louie3252
yea. im slow... DX

Thanks alot... I was waiting for a reply all night... You would think someone on this board has done a front end convo like this.. ive seen the post quite a few times on what you need.. i guess no one gos throught with it... This guys gotta Si near me.. .but didnt say what color in the add... i was gunna get it if its red. cause it will match my red hatch.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:40 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

for the front end swap
from a guy who did it said no modification to the rad support
fenders hood lights bumper and i think bumper support