Notices

Fuel pump relay

Old 07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Joe Gonzalez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump relay

Where is the fuel pump relay on a 1991 legend sedan?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM
ari_one

It is called the "main relay" and is located under the drivers side lower dash. Common problem on them is poor solder, you can open them up and re-solder to fix. It is pretty easy to see the cracks, normally they are on one or more of the solder points in the middle of the board. Temporarily sometimes you can give the lower dash a whack with an open hand and it sometimes gets the connection back enough to start and run for a little while.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 PM
af1racing

Originally Posted by ari_one
It is called the "main relay" and is located under the drivers side lower dash. Common problem on them is poor solder, you can open them up and re-solder to fix. It is pretty easy to see the cracks, normally they are on one or more of the solder points in the middle of the board. Temporarily sometimes you can give the lower dash a whack with an open hand and it sometimes gets the connection back enough to start and run for a little while.
Shaking it violently will also cause the car to start. I would buy a new one though.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:24 PM
lance50

i fixed my relay by resoldering all the joints on the relay. solder flux helps and i have not had a problem for the past eight months, after exreriencing regularly the no starting problem when car has been sitting in sun all day.

Last edited by lance50; 08-17-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:30 AM
saassguy

my 1996 acura 3.5 rl shutoff at the stop sign and would not start. where is the fuel relay located?