Notices

bulb or headlight prob?

Old 11-16-2002, 04:41 PM
NewbieCivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bulb or headlight prob?

jus now i changed my bulbs to hyperwhite...but when i looked at it.. one light shines brighter than the other one..and then one light has a yellow tint and the other one is pure white? i got the sylvania silverstars and jus wondering if u guys can help?...thanx
Old 11-16-2002, 05:18 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe somebody bought some Silverstars and returned their stocks in the Silverstar package, and then you came along and bought it...
Old 11-16-2002, 05:22 PM
str8edgexx

were both bulbs blue tinted? Hyperwhite bulbs generally have a thin layer of blue paint on them and usually have a silver tip.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:46 PM
Max Power
Buff Member

Originally posted by inspyral
Maybe somebody bought some Silverstars and returned their stocks in the Silverstar package, and then you came along and bought it...

ouch, if that happened.

my autozone is run by a bunch of racist old white males so i doubt i'd get away with taht (NOT SAYING I DO THAT STUFF) juss wonderin how someone could get away with that
Old 11-16-2002, 08:49 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

yyeah were the bulbs the same in looks and model code on thebulb?
Old 11-16-2002, 09:44 PM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

LOL, maybe you just reinstalled your stock bulb again.

I just but in my Silverstars 30 minutes ago... I wasn't impressed at first, then I drove to rent a movie and I noticed the light is a lot cleaner... and the light spread is a lil wierd?

BY the WAY BULBS WERE A BIATCH TO INSTALL. I cursed for straight 10 min. cramming my hand past the power steering res.

Question... was I supposed to regrease the bulb terminals or is putting them in clean fine?
Old 11-16-2002, 10:11 PM
derf
Spec5

Originally posted by supapoopa

BY the WAY BULBS WERE A BIATCH TO INSTALL. I cursed for straight 10 min. cramming my hand past the power steering res.

Question... was I supposed to regrease the bulb terminals or is putting them in clean fine?
I personally don't think the grease is a problem..... if you read your manual you would have found out that you can lift the power steering resevoir UP and out of the way to change the front left bulb
Old 11-17-2002, 01:25 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: bulb or headlight prob?

Originally posted by NewbieCivic
jus now i changed my bulbs to hyperwhite...but when i looked at it.. one light shines brighter than the other one..and then one light has a yellow tint and the other one is pure white? i got the sylvania silverstars and jus wondering if u guys can help?...thanx
You also need to be sure not to touch the bulb itself with your fingers. The oil off your hand can mess up the bulb. I always use rubber gloves or something. Just what I've experienced.
Old 11-17-2002, 03:46 AM
str8edgexx

with practice, you'll get better at it. The first time I changed my headlights, it probably took me about a half hour to do the drivers side one.....now I can change that one in about 2 or 3 minutes.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:19 AM
NewbieCivic

i checked the both bulbs...and they are both the same....but i dont really seem to mind the yellow tint cause u cant really see it unless u really really look hard...what worries me the most is that the passenger side light is brighter than the driver side light..any ideas on what it is? or how can i fix that?