Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

91 civic dx 1.5 wont start t/s a lil bit HELP ME!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:39 PM
dub.ya.es.SICK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 civic dx 1.5 wont start t/s a lil bit HELP ME!

Alright i have this civic i explained in the title lol and i have 220k miles on it and it runs awesome all stock burns a lil oil but ive done a timing belt and ignition switch so the not starting thing has happened before

Anyway so it was sitting for 2 weeks and when i parked it it sat for a week before that and i started it and moved it and it was fine... so i go to start it and it sounds like my car did when the timing belt broke it doesnt sound the same when starting it, people say im crazy but i dont believe it does... so i didnt have any tool at the house that its at except! a 10mm boxwrench lol anyway i trouble shot a little and this is what i got !
I took the valve cover off and verified timing belt was still in tact and the motor rotates over fine, wont fire though i managed to bust loose the inlet to the fuel filter on the firewall before it goes to injecters. it seems like fuel came out when i started it, i cant verify the pump coming on i cant hear it and its always loud where the car is, but i cranked with that line disconnected and i seemed to get fuel out, i dont have a long enough extension so i cant pull a plug and try to smell fuel and see if they fire, but i did check 2 plug wires with a wire and the person said they sparked one seemed weaker than the other....

so i thought some kind of dizzy problem but now i dunno, i suppose i could not be getting fuel i havnt tried feeding it starter fluid and see if it fires... but the main relay i was wondering if it could be a problem, but if it was i wouldnt get fuel correct? i get the hot engine not starting sometimes which is that main relay or temp sensor but now it wont start no matter what... i tryed pinching the hose that goes from the fuel filter to injecters and had my kid bro turn it over with the accelerater to the floor to try and clean it out... but nothing

Dizzy?
clogged fuel filter?
possible main relay...
where should i go from here..
Old 06-21-2008, 05:54 PM
dub.ya.es.SICK

come on techs
Old 06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
dub.ya.es.SICK

anybody?!
Old 06-22-2008, 03:46 PM
dub.ya.es.SICK

ttt please techs
Old 06-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I didn't read it all but the first things I would do is check for fuel pressure. You said your pump was working so you can probably rule that out. The next thing I would do Is pull all the spark plugs and lay them on the valve cover Have some one crank the motor you should see spark out of all 4 plugs.

Did you check your cam timing you said your belt was intact but is the timing on the little white mark on the crank pulley should line up with the arrow on the cover and the 2 lines on the cam pulley should be level with the head valve cover gasket surface.

Other then that you may try checking compression. Another dumb trick I use is placing a screw driver on the injectors and the handle end on my ear with some one cranking you should hear them clicking.

Have at it.