Notices
Meets & Events Maximize efficiency in organizing local, regional, and national events.

HAN East-Coast meet in Richmond, VA 06/07/08

Old 05-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAN East-Coast meet in Richmond, VA 06/07/08

Alright kiddies, it's that time again. This message is your 30-day notice! The even-year meet is upon us... or should I say meat? You'll see why in a second.

CLIFF NOTES...
WHO: HAN ppl. + cool cats from honda-tech
WHAT: Amusement park, good food, drag racing, go-kart racing (with discounts!), more drag racing, camaraderie, free wi-fi.
WHEN: June 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th. (Thursday-Sunday)
WHERE: Jafro's house, Busch Gardens, Richmond Dragway, G-Force Karts, Bandito's Burrito Lounge, Bottoms-Up Pizza.
WHY: Because it's cool. It's what all the cool people will be doing. Are you cool enough?

THE NOVEL...

Many of you remember the 2006 housewarming get-together. It was a lot of fun despite the low number of drag passes we got that year. Truly a freak incident when 2 F-bodies collide in the turn-around lane at the end of the track and take so damn long to clean up. I know. But nobody will be disappointed this year even if it rains out an event. Here's why. You have multiple days to race, and a choice of 3 venues and 3 separate events at which you may race. Richmond Dragway (a mile from my house), Virginia Motorsports Park (as a backup option), and G-Force Karts (where part of the Saturday event will take place). G-force has an indoor 1/4 mile circuit track, so there will be racing of one kind or another rain-or-shine.

www.gforcekarts.com

Interest has been expressed in doing a gang-meet at Busch Gardens preceding that weekend. I will be searching for discount coupons and investigating group rates. Those of you interested in a fun day of bitchin' roller coasters and probably the most ornately decorated theme park in America are welcome to show up anytime Wednesday evening - to 9:00 am Thursday. I don't want to wait around Thursday much later than that because Williamsburg is a 40 minute drive from here, and everyone deserves to get their money's worth at the park. Rides open at 10:00. Admission is regularly $56.95 a head. I'll work whatever angles I can to shave that expense down. The park closes at 9:00 on weeknights.

http://www.buschgardens.com/BGW/default.aspx

Friday: I have hired someone to prepare finger-food and Linner before the Friday AED event whilst we wait for arrivals. Richmond Dragway is hosting their every-other-Friday AED Friday Night Street Shootout. Gate fee is either $15 or $18 to run as many times as you can line up. That can be anywhere between 3 and 11 heads-up runs depending on who breaks what, and how many people show up. I have had both ends of that spectrum, but I usually get 5-6 runs and sit 1 or 2 out. Well worth the gate fee. This year the rules have changed. Cars are no longer broken out into classes. You may line up against a 22 second '88 Accord LX, or you might end up next to a Pro-Modified 8-second tubbed and tubed trans-braked race car. You never know. My best advice is to pull into the pit lanes every-other-car unless you want to race the guy directly in front or behind you because they stage only 2 of the 9 lanes at a time and nothing's reserved unless you only have 2 wheels. They tell you where to go. You don't pick your races. If you see a line of trailer queens rolling to the staging lanes, just chill and wait for your friends or other street cars unless you've got the balls and skills for running against the "big boys". AFTER TEH TRACK - there will be a steak dinner with smashed garlic potatoes, and cajun green beans with garlic bread for EVERYONE (yes, everyone) that shows up representing HAN. That's what the hired help (call her Janice) will be doing while we're at the track. Does that mean your girl eats too? Yes. I have 96 steaks. I just cleaned my grill.

www.richmonddragway.com

Saturday DAY - the big event: There is going to be a LARGE car show for the Honda tuner crowd, gathering in the Northside of Richmond, VA on SATURDAY, June 7th, 2008 at G-Force Karts AT NOON. There will be food, cars, DISCOUNT go kart racing, bitches, pimps, players and OG hustlers, kicking it and hangin' until 5:00 PM. As always, the bitches may not show, and hustlers, pimps and players are optional. If you fear that any of the aforementioned may not be present, and feel they're mandatory, then by all means feel free to BYO. Alcohol is prohibited at this event. From what I understand, there's already an ungodly number of Honda ppl that have RSVP'd this event in another forum. More details of that can be found here... uh... at the other forum:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2201981&page=1

As of the time this thread was posted, 144 people have RSVP'd... meaning... at least 100 other cars are definitely going to show.

Saturday NIGHT: The whole gang from the car show at G Force Karts is rolling to Richmond Dragway at 5:00 for yet another opportunity to break stuff. Timed runs usually end at 10:00 PM, although I was on my front porch last Saturday night listening to them run well through 11:00 pm. The Saturday program may be different, and probably not the same as the AED Friday Night event. From what I can remember from the Saturdays-passed is... bracket racing. I don't recall there being a street category that can run without first qualifying... which I remember happening earlier in the day than that... but honda-tuner is saying their whole crew is rolling out there at 5:00 to race. I'll check those details.

Sunday: If you're not tired-as-hell of all of us by then, there will be sight-seeing/shopping for the out-of-towners, and good food for whoever wants to come along. No, I'm not cooking again, and I have no hired help on Sunday... I can only afford to do that for everybody once. We'll probably eat at either Bottoms-Up Pizza downtown (best pizza anywhere, I swear... www.bottomsuppizza.com) or at Banditos who is going to set the World's Record this weekend for making a basketball-court-sized serving of Nachos. Weird, I know... they do all kinds of insane promo stuff. I don't give a flying puck about any of that, though... they just have really awesome tex-mex food, and they're a good second-option, or additional option... or what have you? I guess it all depends on how hungry you are.

http://www.banditosburritolounge.com/index.html
http://www.bottomsuppizza.com/awards.htm

The reason I'm announcing this as a HAN meet even though the above thread is for another forum... is because I can accommodate a small crowd at my house for several days just 1 mile from the track, and for the large events, the more the merrier. The Honda-Tuner event is only on Saturday. I know that better racing accommodations will exist Friday night than it will on Saturday night. All HAN people are welcome. If you're local to the area and have some place to stay, great, but please plan on attending as much of it as you can and there's meat in it for you if you do. I have an extra queen-sized bed, and that's claimed. Tony has an inflatable mattress that will deflate slowly until you're on the floor that I'm sure he's willing to bring down. There is also a couple of couches in the living room, and I remember 4 people sleeping on those last time. If you're from out-of-town and can't handle these accommodations for a weekend, there are dozens of cheap lodging opportunities 2 miles away because I'm as close to an airport as I am to the dragstrip. This gathering gives us the opportunity to interact with other Honda tuners we may or may not have met, and the whole weekend will be choc-full of fun things to do. Represent! I have taken Thursday and Friday preceding this so that I can spend as much time as possible doing fun things while attempting to play Howard Johnson.

So it's time for the head count. Who's in? Don't PM me, my inbox is intentionally full. Post your aye's or nay's here.

1. Jafro
2. Running925
3. Dragonlair258
4. fathergoat

Last edited by Jafro; 05-10-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

This took a lot of planning & i'm sure we are going to have a blast just as we have had the last couple times that we've thrown something like this together, but this weekend is JAM Packed with fun stuff to do & it's gonna be freakin awsome! I can't wait.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Civic2Scooby

why do you fuckers always plan this shit for weekends I absolutely can't come.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby

idk but we're gonna have one hell of a good time!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:27 AM
dragonlair258
Jynx

I can't wait to go :yay: ......I'm so excited, especially about the extra two days off work!

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
Awwww...you can't work around something?
Anyways, we're hopefully going to have something (probably less intense though) later on in the season at Tony's again.
If you have any entertainment ideas let us know.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Originally Posted by dragonlair258
I can't wait to go :yay: ......I'm so excited, especially about the extra two days off work!

Anyways, we're hopefully going to have something (probably less intense though) later on in the season at Tony's again.
If you have any entertainment ideas let us know.
So... is that some kind of metaphorical explanation that you're in?

...cause though I know you are, you're not on the list.

Last edited by Jafro; 05-09-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:40 PM
fathergoat
:3

I'm down
Old 05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

List is updated. It would be helpful for planning reasons to know who is planning showing up when. The last thing I want is for someone to drive from... say... Michigan, and we didn't know an ETA and were somewhere else when they arrive. Even if you're tentatively planning on coming, I'd like to see you on the list. You won't go to jail if you have to cancel because the edit button on this thread is easy to use.

Here's a video clip of a pass at a Friday night event from earlier this year.

http://homepage.mac.com/jafro/iMovieTheater73.html
Old 05-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by dragonlair258

it's my buddies wedding weekend, which I am standing in :happysad:
Old 05-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

A friend of mine that's about to be in receipt of the pre-nuptial male bonding ritual specifically requested that there be "no bewbs" at the event... because you know guys never misbehave or participate in debauchery at these things... anyway... they chose to go to G-force Karts this Saturday evening for a few heats and then go out for beers and a bite. I'll be doing the former. Gotta send him out in style... ?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a report of exactly how fun that place is soon. I've never been, and have always been looking for a crew to go with because I didn't want to be the only stranger on the track. Time to give 'em the ol' Shake-n-Bake!