Notices

TL bumper removal/replace front and rear

Old 04-23-2008, 07:19 AM
TL-Super

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TL bumper removal/replace front and rear

Hey all,

Now that summer type weather has made it's debut, the time has come to look at fixing up my car. First thing I need to get done because it's driving me nuts are the bumpers (or bumper covers, what ever you want to call them) The front lower lip is fubar'd since my son hit some ice and the rear is basically trashed too. I saw a guy yesterday who swears he can "fix" them both without replacing them. I'm a skeptic and I'm worried I'll spend $650 to "fix" them and not be pleased.
I priced out new primer'd front and rear covers here for $600 including tax.

Long story short I was hoping that they are relatively easy to remove and replace and I could just buy the new ones , bring them to a reputable paint shop, have them done and put them on myself to save cash.

Any comments or advice on R&R?
Old 04-23-2008, 04:50 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

It isn't that hard to remove. They are usually held on by 2 to 6 bolts and a few clips, not hard at all.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
TL-Super

Originally Posted by AcuraTL
It isn't that hard to remove. They are usually held on by 2 to 6 bolts and a few clips, not hard at all.
Ya took a quick peek under ....just thought I may be missing something as it looked almost too easy
Have you done both front and rear?