Notices

High Decibal Whizzing Sound

Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Acural53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Decibal Whizzing Sound

Hi folks, I have a question for Legand G2 owners. Have any of you ever noticed a high pitch whizzing sound coming from your engine compartment, likely the left (driver's)side? I recently have picked up on this, I can hear it for 5 seconds after shutting off the ignition. I have no idea what is causing this sound, but it is very distinct. It's not loud, but it is clearly audible. I thouhgt maybe it was the antenna retracting, but that isn't it.

Perhaps it is from something spinning that comes to stop 5 seconds after shut off.

This weekend, I will have someone listen closely with the hood up and post what I find out it may be. Appreciate any comments, I cannot be the only person that has heard this. My car is running firne, no issues. That's why this sound is baffling me....and I hope it is not a sneak preview of some new issue to be dealt with.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Acural53

OK, now I am beginning to think this noise is alternator whine, based on some other threads I've just read. Man, this forum is quiet!
Old 03-16-2008, 04:59 PM
ari_one

You might want to search or post on www.acura-legend.com as that site is much more active.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Acural53

Originally Posted by ari_one
You might want to search or post on www.acura-legend.com as that site is much more active.
Actually, I am quite active there, I thought perhaps there was some activity here but this Legend forum isn't jumping at all. Thanks, heading back to civilization.