Notices

1991 Acura Legend Coupe -

Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Vaulium
VauliumNC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Acura Legend Coupe -

Hello

I just got a '91 Legend Coupe with 154K on it. My Rents got this car new & it has never been wrecked but I'd like to know what can I expect in the way of repairs. It has been sitting in the garage for a while seeing less than 5K per year for about the last 5 yrs? What normally goes wrong first? I see that the driver's seat is in need of repair and the power antenna mast needs to be replaced - oh AND the door lock actuator (door pulses for about 20 secs after you lock them) so I have arranged to get it replaced (heads up - not cheap). I know BHG is a common problem on cylinders 3 & 6 - is this due to overheating or a design flaw (just curious)?

The factory radio is okay for now but the speakers must be changed. What brand is good for the money?

Who gives the best deals on genuine Acura parts on the Net?

Thanks for your suggestions

Vaul
Old 11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
ari_one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Legends cooling system is the post prone to give you problems if you don't keep an eye on it. As you noted the head gaskets seem to be more prone to leak on the 3 & 6 cylinders. Many theories on that but not much real facts. Make sure you bleed the cooling system every fall and spring at least. Keep an eye on the temp and don't ever let it run over 1/2 on the gauge. The door lock actuator is a bit of a pain to replace but a used one shouldn't be too expensive and can be done by yourself. There seem to be more parts dealers on the web every day. For OEM parts there is http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/scacura/jsp/home.jsp in Arizona for the west cost, they give a 25% discount off of retail plus shipping and handling. If you still have the factory sound system then be aware that the speakers are 4ohm.