Notices

96 RL entire car shakes and shimmies at 50 mph

Old 07-15-2007, 03:20 PM
dp777usa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 RL entire car shakes and shimmies at 50 mph

My RL vibrates, shakes and shimmies at 50 mph. It goes away by 58 mph or so. Has anyone else had a problem like this? It is not tires or tire balance.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:49 PM
ari_one

When did you first notice it, did it start all of a sudden or has it gradually gotten worse. Must admit I only had the same type of problem on two vehicles, one was brand new and had a bad tire which the dealer only figured out because of the newer on the car balancing, the tire on normal balancing was fine. The second one was also a tire which only became apparent when I rotated them the first time.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 AM
curious_boi

Default Answer To The Problems

try to turn your wheels all the way from side to side or jack it up get a clear view of your axle. look carefully at both of your axle look to see if the rubber boot is broken, and leaking oil. if it is than go replace your axle. there are bearing inside where the axle are being place in. near engine. could also be that but i recommend get your axle replace if either the boot is broken. got a legend 91 same problem shake, vibrate ETC... at low speed and stop at 60-80.