Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

goin to the track for the first time...

Old 06-23-2007, 04:11 PM
natedawg421

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goin to the track for the first time...

What up guys. I'm headin to the track for the first time ever this wednesday. I have a del sol with a jdm itr and your basic bolt ons. Anyone have any tips to pass along. I screw around alot on the street but I've never raced with a tree. Today I tried launching at 3 grand with no burnout prior to launching just to try to get a feel. Also still had winter tires on. I'm getting my potenza's put on tuesday though so I'll have new tires but they're nothing special, just stock size(185-60-14). One thing I wasn'tsure about... When I shifted into second(probably at 8 grand) I burned my clutch some. Is there something I can do at the track to prevent. I mean should I be shifting earlier maybe out of first gear. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont dump the clutch. learn to slip it instead. it takes some practice to get down. just work on it. your tires arent going to help any.

also, after you've staged up waiting for the lights to come down, go on the last yellow. if you wait for the green you'll be late.