Notices

A/C blowing hot air

Old 06-21-2007, 06:00 PM
bkelile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C blowing hot air

My mom has a 92 Legend whose A/C stopped blowing out cold air. From what I can see, there hasn't been any fluid leaking. I thought it would be a good idea to drain the freeon and fill the system with those sealant foam products they sell at AutoZone, but I can't find the low pressure service fitting. The Haynes manual shows it and a refrigerant line at the back of the engine that isn't on my mom's car at all! Can anyone provide help, preferrably with pictures, and advice if I am going about this the wrong way. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:51 PM
ari_one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First you need to know if the AC is R12 or R134a. I don't remember if it was the 92 or 93 that changed over to R134a. Would strongly recommend you take it to a shop for AC as they can pull the refrigerant out, test the lines, and refill with correct amount of refrigerant. Otherwise if you want to do it yourself, don't take anything out, just add if you have R134a. Try to stay away from cans that have additional products, just plain R134a preferably with a gauge that shows how much pressure. The low side on my 91 is on the passenger side right next to the radiator at the top.

If it has R12 you will need to have a shop retrofit to R134a.