Notices

Mold cabin - Defective Design

Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 AM
windygates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mold cabin - Defective Design

My car has a terrible odor of mold and I contacted my local dealership, Ramsey Acura (Ramsey NJ, DO NOT GO THERE EVER) and the service person, Tom Sabiel told me the "normal operation of the air conditioner causes a great deal of mold." He then told me to read the operating manual. There is nothing in the manual about mold buildup. This was confirmed by Morning at the American Honda "customer service" department in Torrance, California, at 800 382-2238. Not only is there no customer service at that department, but there is never a supervisor and they keep on repeating what you say. Yesterday I was given a case number by Ray Freeman from American Honda, and he told me that because of all of my problems, I would not be charged a diagnostic and that the dealership should use the case number and call "customer service." But Park Avenue Acura (another place that should be avoided like the plague). I dropped off my moldy, lurching, problems with the steering 2004 RL this morning at Park Avenue Acura. Emma, a "service person" never told me that there would be a diagnostic fee and in fact, took down all of the information, including the case number. (All you need is a nose to ascertain that my car reeks of mold, that I am highly allergic to). Then, about 30 min later, Emma called my office and claimed that she had called American Honda and that American Honda had told her to charge a diagnostic fee. I verified with Morning at American Honda that they received NO CALL from Park Avenue Acura, that is, they LIED. I am so fed up with this Acura that I am contemplating a class action lawsuit against them for the defective a/c system, the intermittent lurching of the car and the steering problems (my car has had more alignments (I drive 5 miles to work everyday or highway driving) than Joan Rivers has had face lifts). Is there anyone out there who has had similar problems with a 2004 RL or with the terrible dealerships of Ramsey Acura and Park Avenue Acura?

Also, does anyone know the phone number for the legal department of Acura/American Honda? Thank you. Carole GEronimo
Old 05-12-2007, 12:20 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to work with Acura directly and have them tell the chosen dealership what to do.

Customer Service:
Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard time at the toll-free number (800) 382-2238.

duck squad member #00003