Notices

93 acura legend surging at idle and more

Old 03-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Dblccgangst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 acura legend surging at idle and more

the car is in great condition i think but it surges at idle...... i dont like it when it does that cuz to me i think it hurts the engine a little bit but....

it also has problems when its in gear were u can be goin 30 mph and u dont even have to step one the gas.. and then so the drive traine gets all screwed up i am sure cuz when your stoped at a stop sign its reving and wanting to go....

the surging seems to happen when it just starts too warm up... i put fuel injector cleaner in it and it seemed to help a little but it still did it but another thing is that it doesnt always do it. it sometimes will it sometimes wont but before it does it it slowly rises in rpms untill bout 1500 to 2000 rpms and then it will surge.

i have looked and also got the throtle computer reprogrammed but that didnt help either....One big thing though that it just hit 200,000 miles but it runs really good yet. starts up in -14 degree weather like a new car.

any help would be apreciated
Old 04-11-2007, 07:20 PM
spotted zebra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clogged EGR Ports

Hey, Sounds just like clogged EGR ports. Common problems on these cars. With the engine running, hook a vacuum pump to the EGR valve, the engine should die. If it doesn't die, or at least almost die, you have clogged ports. Cleaning them is a real pain, probably not something you want to try on your own. May require removal of the intake manifold. I can clean them without removing the manifold. Still, it's a pain & takes several hours. Let us know how it goes.