Notices

Tanabe exhausts

Old 10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Driverman5777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe exhausts

Is there a significant difference in power or sound between the different levels of the tanabe exhausts? (super medalion hyper, Ultra Medalion, Super racing) And is tanabe a good exhaust or is there a better one? I had a magnaflow and I am looking for an improvement... not super loud but a throaty growl with decent power...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:45 PM
AcuraLsSE
ASE Certified

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my friends has one. I don't know what one but i really like the sound.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:08 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

As a general rule, the straight-through canister-style exhausts (Hyper Medalion, Apex'i N1, etc) will be much louder than chambered or refraction/ absorption mufflers (RS*R ExMag, Apex'i World Sport / WS II).

While Tanabe is certainly a decent company, the specific products you've mentioned will have a crackling, high-pitched exhaust note that would drive you nuts on any lengthy journey.

I remain a staunch advocate of the Apexi WS II.

If you have enormous power goals in your future, the GReddy SP2 is another decent candidate.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Black Ack
Black Acura Driver

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
As a general rule, the straight-through canister-style exhausts (Hyper Medalion, Apex'i N1, etc) will be much louder than chambered or refraction/ absorption mufflers (RS*R ExMag, Apex'i World Sport / WS II).

While Tanabe is certainly a decent company, the specific products you've mentioned will have a crackling, high-pitched exhaust note that would drive you nuts on any lengthy journey.

I remain a staunch advocate of the Apexi WS II.

If you have enormous power goals in your future, the GReddy SP2 is another decent candidate.
I'm considering an RSR Exmag for my exhaust, mostly because of it's OEM looks, but is there a real difference in performance between the chambered muffler on this type of exhaust and a straight-through like the one previously mentioned? I know there's many schools of thought on it (e.g. more backpressure, more torque, etc.) but what's your take on it, having an Apexi WS? Thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:50 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by Black Ack
I'm considering an RSR Exmag for my exhaust, mostly because of it's OEM looks, but is there a real difference in performance between the chambered muffler on this type of exhaust and a straight-through like the one previously mentioned? I know there's many schools of thought on it (e.g. more backpressure, more torque, etc.) but what's your take on it, having an Apexi WS? Thanks.
Personally, I have grown to hate resonant, flatulent N1 mufflers.

Here's the way I see it: When you use the car on a daily basis, why subject yourself to a barely legal exhaust that drones like hell on the highway and puts you on a first-name basis with the local constable?

From a performance perspective, the WS2 and RSR ExMag have plenty of headroom for most builds.

If all you're doing is cams, I/H/E and a 50 shot, the RSR / WSII won't be a significant bottleneck. The overall capacity of the WSII and diameter of the tubing will be fine.

However, if your plans include turbocharging, the marginally larger diameter of the Greddy SP2 -- which is a straight-through design -- is a better choice.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 AM
tommyhcky13

i have the ultra medalion on my 95 gsr hatch and i love the way it sounds. not so good for long trips though
Old 11-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Driverman5777

sound clips? is it annoying on long trips?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:37 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great exaust guide with sound clips:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=451
Old 11-04-2006, 02:06 PM
honura
Seni

I have a Hyper Med on my teg and I love it. Kind in the middle of a N1 and a WS2
Old 11-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Driverman5777

Originally Posted by jesusublime99
This is a great exaust guide with sound clips:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=451

Doesnt have LS sound clips, and doesnt have the clip for hyper... just super racing...

Thanks Honura...