Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

94 Civic Halo headlight guide/instructions

Old 07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
M00chness
Mooch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Civic Halo headlight guide/instructions

Ive seen coutless threads on installing new headlight ect. and I just did mine a few dasy ago with a positive end result so I figure I toss up a guide on what to do. Let me know how good it is. Thanks

Tools :
10MM socket with extension
Phillips screwdriver
Electrical tape (or something to cover and wires you splice into)
Flat head screwdriver (or something like that to adjust the headlights if needed)

Before you even start you might want to check the lights to make sure they work. Easy check. Unplug the plug going into original lights, plug into new lights, turn lights on and wha la

1- With the socket go to the wheel well where your bumper meets your fender. Theres a screw up there that connects the 2. Take that screw out on both passenger and drivers side.

2- Pop your hood. Youll notice 5 screws across the top of the bumper in the middle of it gethered together in 1 group. Take those off. After that, your bumper should slide right out (if not check for more screws, but I think there's only a total of 7)

3- Take out the wire for the headlights (the turn signal will come out when you take the whole housing out).

4- There are 2 screws on top of the light, and 1 screw on the side on a bracket connecting your fender to the chasis. Take all 3 screws out. Your headlight should slide right out at this time. With mine the headlight and turn signal came out together when i popped my headlight out.

5- Once you get the headlight and turn signal housings out youll notice the plug is alot easier to get for the turn signal now.

6- If your new headlights have an empty light port, your signal plug should twist right into the new one, so make sure you dont destroy the light (although I took the light out completely and just put the bare plug into the port, later discussed)

7- Slide the new housing back in. I had alot of trouble getting my passengers side in and wound up having to pop the fender out and put the new one in. If you need to pop your fender out a little bit it's pretty easy. Theres 3 10mm screws right there on the top of the fender. The other two are easy as well but you need to open your door and youll see one on top one on the bottom.

8- After getting the new housing in, line up the screws and screw it in. After that just work backwards until your all done.

Now that's it for the lights, but alot of people have Halo wires they want to connect as the parking lights. Easy find with a DMM (digital multi meter)

The 2 colors of wires are almost alwayrs red(red is always positive) and black or white (negative)

Connect your negative wire by splicing into any SOLID black wire (no stripes running through it) or to a bolt to your chasis.

The red wire connect to the green wire with a yellow stripe running down it on the passenger side. The drivers side wire is green with a blue stripe running through it. Make sure you tape up and exsposed wires.

Wha la, you got halos.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Need any more help hit me up.
Aim - navyhustlah
Yahoo - m00chness
Old 03-21-2008, 10:23 AM
ashe

Default Additional Wiring Directions

Ok so I bought my cheap little headlights on ebay. Hoping they don't burn out. Selling the car soon so let's hope for the best.

But I had a terrible time finding directions on doing this correctly. So now that I have them working I wanted to make sure there's a place for people like me.

I emailed the seller asking for installation instructions on the wiring.

This was his response:

"There are two red and two black wires and they need to connect it to battery positive and negative (or any body ground) terminals.

Also, there are 3 wiring connector for H4, two of them are female and one of them is the male. You will need to connect the male one to the factory Headlight harness and the female connector were connect to our headlight.

There are one black and one red wire coming out from the back of the headlights, those are the Halo ring wire so you just need to splice it to the parking light so the halo can be turn on without the headlight on."

So the red and the black wires on the harness that was included, were ready to be hooked to my battery, and grounded. That was easy enough.

The connectors weren't hard. The females fit right into the males that were on back of the headlights, and the male on the harness was just plugged into the factory passenger side headlight connector. THE DRIVER SIDE CONNECTOR WAS LEFT HANGING. It didn't have an affect on the way the lights worked.

The final part was a bit tricky. There were a white and red wire coming from each halo (4 wires in total), that came together in a little black box (converter or something?).
The wires came out of the other side of that as 2 red wires. So I never had the final black and red wires he was talking about. I had 2 reds.

Also there was one more black and red coming from a small parking light on the middle sides of the headlights.

This is what I did:
Parking Light on Halo Lights: take the black wire and splice it into the black wire connecting to the parking light (aka blinker). take the red wire and splice it into the red wire of the parking light (aka blinker).
BE SURE TO LEAVE THE THIRD WIRE (green i think?) ALONE. This is the wire that makes your blinker blink. If you tap into it your halos will blink whenever you're making a turn. That's not cool...

2 Red Halo Lights: at first I spliced them WITH the red parking lights.
When I turned them on and tested them it didn't work. So I tried grounding one of the red wires. This made them work perfectly with my parking lights.
So it didn't matter which red I grounded, as long as one was grounded.

Problem solved.
Securing the lights was tough. But at least the wiring got taken care of.

Goodluck!

[ashe]
Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 PM
goldex420

i guess who would need instrutions