Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

Leatherique

Old 05-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leatherique

Could we have a DIY?
I know quite a few people are interested in restoring their leather to new!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question Nelson,

Leatherique, IMHO, is the best of the best. It is the leather product of choice for Bentley and Rolls Royce owners. My last car was an S4 as well and Leatherique was all that touched my leather. It comes in two versions, Prestine Clean and Rejuvenator Oil. The Prestine Clean is enough for most instances, however if the leather was really neglected and you need to restore the proper oils and make the leather supple again, then you can resort to the Rejuvenator Oil. My leather was still in fairly good condition and I did both steps, however I think all I really needed was the Prestine Clean.

As far as the process for using Leatherique its slightly different. Here are the steps assuming you use both products, if you only use the Prestine Clean just disregard any step w/ the Rejuvenator Oil.

1. Wipe down the seats w/ a damp cloth
2. Vacuum out the seats and crevices to make sure you are starting w/ a clean surface, meaning no debris.
3. Remove head rests and follow the same steps listed below on them
4. Apply the Rejuvenator Oil (the darker bottle) to the seats by hand
*** Pay close attention and use a liberal amount around the seams and stitching***
5. Once desired area has Rejuvenator Oil applied, heat up the surface to bring the contaminates up to the surface. I suggest letting your vehicle sit in the sun for as long as possible, others use a heat gun or hair dryer to instantly heat up the seats, just be careful you do not get too close to any plastic or other parts of your interior that can melt due to high heat of the tip of the hair dryer or heat gun.
6. Wipe off the heated surface w/ Prestine Clean (lighter bottle) this should be a clean surface w/ no stains. To clarify, apply the Prestine Clean directly over the Rejuvenator Oil, your leather should be a sloppy mess at this point.
*Stubborn stains may need more than 1 application of rejuvenator oil. Stains or contaminants remove the easiest when the surface is warm/hot.
7. Let the Pristine Clean sit until next seat(s) is completed (15-30mins)
8. Wipe off the penetrated Pristine Clean with a Warm Damp Cloth / Microfiber towel
9. Buff dry with a new cloth. Leatherique will not leave an oily residue or glossy shine to the leather. It is a gorgeous matte finish that won't leave you slipping around.
10. Enjoy your revived seats

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Great!! Thanks George, I'll probably just need the Pristine clean.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6. Wipe off the heated surface w/ Prestine Clean (lighter bottle) this should be a clean surface w/ no stains. To clarify, apply the Prestine Clean directly over the Rejuvenator Oil, your leather should be a sloppy mess at this point.
is this sloppy mess hard/tedious to clean up?
Old 05-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by Jani
is this sloppy mess hard/tedious to clean up?
Nope not at all, a wipe with a warm damp cloth after the Prestine Clean sits for 15-30 minutes and a buff dry with a dry cloth is all it needs, not much effort or pressure is needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 07-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Nelson
Administrator

My friend gave me his left over Leatherique to use. I threw on the Rejuvenator Oil about 2 hours ago. Pretty sunny outside, hope it all bakes in!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 07-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Detailed Image
Registered

Let us know how it turns out Nelson.

George @ DI
Old 07-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Nelson
Administrator

5 hours after the initial application of the oil and I'm finally done.

Even though my leather wasn't in bad shape at all, I wanted it to look like new because of the things I've read. I followed George's steps posted above and the process was pretty much flawless. I definitely reccomend this to anyone with leather interiors. Especially those who have neglected their leather for some time.

Today was a perfect day to do it. I suggest anyone who will be doing this, wait for a sunny day. Some tips:
-Move the car to a spot where the car will be in direct sunlight. Start around 9-10am, when the sun isn't AS strong (depending on where you are, of course) because you'll be spending much time inside the car applying the oil. It gets pretty hot but at the same time you don't want to have too many windows open because debris may fly in.
-After the oil is set, roll up all windows, and basically let the car sit for a few hours. I left it sitting for 4 hours.

I'm definitely ordering a kit for my brother's car and Detailed Image has the best price I've seen.

:bigok:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 07-09-2006, 02:13 PM
b00gers

This looks like something I am going to need.

If I get the Rejuvenator Oil, will the Prestine be required also.

I have a 99 Integra Sedan, about how many applications can I expect from a 16oz bottle?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Nelson
Administrator

You should really get them both together, especially if you're going to do the entire interior and knowing you, it hasn't been maintained.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net