Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2003 Accord EXL (Dual Climate Controls) Amp & Speaker Install

Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Shade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Accord EXL (Dual Climate Controls) Amp & Speaker Install

So I did a little searching, and I couldn't find anything that was a good explanation.

What's the easiest method to add an amp & aftermarket speakers? I wanna keep the factory deck. I want the amp and such in the trunk, so do I need to tap into the wires behind the deck? If so, I'd like to make this system removable. So could I tap in some kind of leads like those thingamajigs that slide together? Would I even need to cut the wires in the first place, or is there some kind of adaptor I could buy?

Also, what size speakers do I have? It looks like 5 1/4 in the fronts and I've been reading 6x9s in the rear, is that right?

P.S. Last visited on 12-5-05!!! Yea for being active!!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:42 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

first, yes you can get a unit to splice into the speaker wires and use your original HU and install aftermarket speakers and amp/sub
if i find the diy on it I will post it, I just need to find it

my 98 honda accord lx has 6.5" in front and 6x9 in rear
Old 04-18-2006, 03:27 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

They are 5.25 in the front doors. Our 6th gens had 6.5's, I wonder why Honda switched?? Be careful when removing that radio, the pocket below the radio is easily broken.