Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

audio pricing help please!

Old 04-14-2006, 10:55 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audio pricing help please!

okay i need a guy to build a custom birch 1.5 cubic foot box in my trunk, cut the floorboard so i can still get to my spare, run the wiring (include wiring costs) for the ed nine2x and ed sub, dynomat the doors and the trunk lid.
one guy says 700, one says 800.
mr 700 uses some generic dynamat that doesnt even need to be heated to be applied..(could i just put that shit on myself?)
what should i do?
are these quotes reasonable? seems like a lot.
thanks

mike
Old 04-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youre paying alot for labor

ed sells prebuilt enclosures and sound deadening mats for less... and you can do that stuff yourself.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:51 AM
First-Bass
12 Volt Master

Honestly, I build Custom enclosures, My Starting price for them is 150 price goes up under certain circumstances.
Amp wire kits with RCA, Rem. Pwr/Grnd in 4 ga. is 85 for installation

The "gernaric" Dynamat your speaking of may very well be Extream and if so its way better thasn the crap you have to heat, thier is a tenique to installing it, but you could do it yourself.
Dynamat installation is by the hour, my rate here is 40/hour so it all depends upon how much your looking to install.

Wiring the subs and installing them into an enclosure is usually 20/sub because of impeadance (2ohm etc...) and amp tuneing is usually 50/1st hour 35 each after, but usually takes less than 1 hour

Fabric to cover the enclosure is up to the customer and could range from
25 bucks and up

anything special adds to price, and I am a little confused as to why you'd bother useing birch?
What subs are they and what are your plans?
If you do not plan to compete and your running Name brand subs like Kicker/JL/Rockford then you'd be best off using MDF, UNLESS you plan on removeing the enclosure frequently

So in my eyes 800 is too much, but 500+ is reasonable. IMO
Old 04-16-2006, 06:29 AM
mikesta21
93preludesi

do you think the advantages of birch are not really that substancial? im sure that would reduce the price,
as i said in the original post, im dynamating the 2 doors and trunk lid and license plate.
thanks

mike
Old 04-20-2006, 12:02 PM
First-Bass
12 Volt Master

Originally Posted by mikesta21
do you think the advantages of birch are not really that substancial? im sure that would reduce the price,
as i said in the original post, im dynamating the 2 doors and trunk lid and license plate.
thanks

mike
sorry i dint get back to you sooner,...

In my opinoin.

The advantages of birch far exceed those of MDF, BUT

If you building a system to drive around and listen to daily then the chances that Your ears are going to hear the benifit of birch are slim

Birch has an advantage on enclosures built and metered in compition for SQ.

if boom or DB is your goal then dont waiste the cash on birch.

Sheet of birch @ cost 69 bucks
Sheet of MDF @ cost 19 bucks
Sheet of MDF L.weight 29 bucks

But if you have some $1000 woofer and few thousand dollar amps/mids/highs running off your copper chasis source unit then yes birch is going to help you
not trying to be sarcastic, i just have a weird way of explaining things, sorry
Old 04-20-2006, 03:41 PM
mishqua

I'll build ya a sweet box for 800 lol make out of anything ya want mdf/fiberglass/birch/ hell concret don't matter the guy that ya got that price from better do a bad a$$ job for that much. o ya if you want sound deadner get it off ebay. Theres stuff called be quit good stuff (cheap and doesn't fall off. Its easy as pie to to put in just takes some time for a good job.

Last edited by mishqua; 04-20-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:42 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

so is 800 for all that bad? 300 is allotted to dynamat.
supposedly its 100 per panel.
thats not that bad, is it?
doing all the construction installation for 500, is that too much? i dont know where else to go for another price.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
First-Bass
12 Volt Master

Originally Posted by mikesta21
so is 800 for all that bad? 300 is allotted to dynamat.
supposedly its 100 per panel.
thats not that bad, is it?
doing all the construction installation for 500, is that too much? i dont know where else to go for another price.
where you located, and check here you may be able to find another shop around you

whats the deal, whats your plans, cause the dynamat is important but you cant remove and reuse it, i would get the system, then worry about dynamat later, fixx the rattles and such.

be quit sux,

/be quiet
/feebay
they are ruining every product and manufactuer

would you buy a generic honda civic called conda hivic? just cause its cheaper and runs good

the dynamat brand stands out above the rest, run a test between the 2 and hear the results

its like an oem filter vs. K&N,

dynamat is enginered to deaden sound and stop rattles,
be quiet is enginered to be CHEAPer, thats all.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:21 PM
mishqua

Originally Posted by First-Bass
where you located, and check here you may be able to find another shop around you

whats the deal, whats your plans, cause the dynamat is important but you cant remove and reuse it, i would get the system, then worry about dynamat later, fixx the rattles and such.

be quit sux,

/be quiet
/feebay
they are ruining every product and manufactuer

would you buy a generic honda civic called conda hivic? just cause its cheaper and runs good

the dynamat brand stands out above the rest, run a test between the 2 and hear the results

its like an oem filter vs. K&N,

dynamat is enginered to deaden sound and stop rattles,
be quiet is enginered to be CHEAPer, thats all.
I did test both there just wasn't enough difference between the two. I installed it in the trunk of my brothers 03 civic, about a month later I put b quite in my trunk 03 civic. I put two layers on my trunk, true its not as thick as dynamat. like I said there wasn't alot of difference they both stick great as long as ya do a good prep. Dynamat for trunk was about 100 bucks or so can't remember b quite 100sqft 100 bucks. I did my whole car doors floor board rear deck. I don't have a single rattle. It really depends I guesse how big ya want to go. If your putting in somthing insane may be ya wanna go with dynamat. All I can tell ya is the b quite has been in my car 2+ years and still performs the same as when I put it in, with no saging.

Last edited by mishqua; 04-25-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
First-Bass
12 Volt Master

ehhh , well i guess every man likes his steak cooked differantly,?!

I was in a "hate Ebay mood" that day sry