Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

return speakers? or keep them?

Old 04-06-2006, 07:22 PM
desii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default return speakers? or keep them?

hi, so i bought these speakers from crutchfield

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iDvXT7C...00&I=1086012SI

there pretty nice. really clear when they are loud, but have NO BASS AT ALL. i was hoping for some bass but with out adding a sub.. installation wasnt too bad. i just havnt had time to drill new holes into the mounts for the screws yet...

i was looking at these two speakers.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iDvXT7C...0&I=113KFC1660

and

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iDvXT7C...0&I=130TSG1641

those two have better bass (according to the cructhfield catolog i got. i checked the hz for the speakers i have its 53-21k and for the other two that im concidering its 35-22k) so im hoping theyd have more bass and might be clearer. plus they are cheaper.

the speakers are for my rear deck. the front speakers are visonik but they dotn work, the wireing is all messed up soo im relying on good back speakers... any 2 cents on this is must apperated! thanks!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:49 PM
97teg

One thing to try is swapping the pos and neg on one speaker. Even if the they are both wired the same it may help. If its even worse when you switch then change it back. Also the specs dont really mean much. There really is no way to tell. You really arent gonna get much bass out of 6 1/2. Bass is physics. Its all about displacement. With speakers thats cone area times x max (stroke) just like in an engine. You would probably be better of going with a 6x9 if you can manage. Sealing off air leaks can also help as air leaks will cause a loss of bass.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:30 PM
desii

umm interesting.. they are hooked up to the speakers with a wire harnes so i cant switch the two. do you think i should go for the pioneers? or stick with the infintys. aside from bass. 99 bucks on speakers. having buyers remores... lol
Old 04-08-2006, 05:31 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The pioneers do have a lower RMS rating than the Infinity. With a quite low 30 watt RMS rating and good 91db sensitivity, they sound pretty good with whatever you can throw at them.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:14 AM
desii

alright, i think im going with the pionieers.

a new problem has come up, i got my windows tinted yesterday, and now when i turn on the speakers i hear distortion. like you can hear static and stuff now. its werid. this happed immeditialy after i got my windows tinted. i read the back of the warrenty paper it said we are not responsbile for anything damaged. could i be a coincidence??
Old 04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

^^^Thats why I always take my faceplate off when I drop my car off anywhere. I don't give them the chance to mess with anything.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:29 PM
desii

i doubt they were. my car was off the whole time and i was standing there watching them tint it...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:54 PM
mishqua

might have a ground loop. Hell make sure your battery has a good charge ran 2battery sys in my car poped the fuse between them once power dropped enough on my optima in the back it sounded like crap.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
desii

naw my battery is good. i checked the electrolite levels, hooked it up to a machine and all. battery is fine. i think its the deck. its stock honda deck. the noise i jsut annoying. ill probably just change the deck to a cheap one in a few weeks to see if it helps
Old 06-06-2006, 07:23 AM
jscott

I would go with the Pioneers. I just put them in the front and back of a '92 Civic and they sound excellent. You can find em cheaper than $50/pr. I got mine at Rex for $35/pr.