Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

OEM cd player ERROR MESSAGE HELPPP

Old 03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
adva7328
BOOST PROJECT 99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM cd player ERROR MESSAGE HELPPP

I put a brand new battery in my 99 civic and now there is a message on the cd player saying error and wants me to put in a code it will not play the radio or a cd without that code i have looked for a reset button and found nothing i got this car from an individual and they cannot tell me anything because that never happened to them can anyone help me??? thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 07:17 AM
orbit77

it's asking for the security code for the radio, usually happens when you reset the power in your car. usually honda techs put the code on a sticker on the back of the glove box. if not go to honda and they can look it up by the vin#
Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 PM
adva7328
BOOST PROJECT 99

Originally Posted by orbit77
it's asking for the security code for the radio, usually happens when you reset the power in your car. usually honda techs put the code on a sticker on the back of the glove box. if not go to honda and they can look it up by the vin#
thanks man i will look on the glove box first and hopefully it is there if not i am not sure what i am going to do i just need a new cd player either way i figured it had something to do with that because i cut the entire power to the car off when i changed the battery i will keep you posted thanks again
Old 03-19-2006, 02:37 PM
adva7328
BOOST PROJECT 99

Originally Posted by orbit77
i checked the glove box and nothing i have tried everything is there a reset button or anything on the cd player or no
Old 03-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no theres no reset button if you cant find the code you will have to get the serial number and take it to the dealer so they can look it up you should be able to find a dealer who may do it for free

P.S. use periods!