Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

New civic OEM CD Player in an old del sol

Old 03-08-2006, 09:51 PM
hexxxapeal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New civic OEM CD Player in an old del sol

I am interested in purchasing a new 06 civic oem cd player and installing it in my 93 del sol. Is this possible and what trouble might I expect? I believe that my del sol has a 16 pin connector while the civic had a 20 pin connector? is there an adapter that i can change the 16 pin in my del sol to the appropriate size to fit the radio with out much trouble? PLEASE HELP! need to know quickly!? THANKS !~
CHris
Old 03-09-2006, 07:52 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

do you mean the optional navi system? or just the am/fm cd player?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
hexxxapeal

just the am-fm/cd player.... just won it on ebay. My intentions are to be able to install it in my del sol and then hook up my ipod photo to it with wire-tunes. I installed the cheep tape deck in it just to play the ipod originally, but i thought the 06 was a good deal. Will the factory wiring from the del sol directly hook up to the back of the 06 cd player or will I have to buy a wiring harness or reverse wiring harness for it? Anything helps boss man!!~! Thanks for your response!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:35 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

You buy a harness for the del sol and a reverse harness that will plug into the new civic radio. I don't believe it will plug up, the plugs changed if I remember correctly.