Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Power antenna problems

Old 02-26-2006, 09:51 AM
'00GSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power antenna problems

Ok, here's where I'm at. Just installed an alpine head unit(CDA-7893), my power antenna wont work with it. Rechecked if it was working by hooking up Acura deck and it works fine.

So my question is can I just splice a wire from from my ignition/accessory wire to my power antenna wire and run a switch in between? So I will control if it's up or down.

Would this overload my ignition/accessory wire? Thanks for any help on this, I dont want to light my car on fire, only had it a week and am already attached!

PS why does this site always crash Firefox ?
Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

did you connect the remote turn on wire from the deck to the power antenna wire of the harness? Check your connections and make sure they're right... I cant think of any other reason why it wouldnt work with the alpine... unless you bought it used and the previous owner burnt out the turn on circuit.

About the second question, you definitely can power the antenna trigger from the ACC wire, you wont overload anything, the antenna only needs a small amount of power for a trigger.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:49 PM
'00GSR

Yeah it boggles my mind why it wouldn't work either. Quite possibly the switch in the deck is burnt out. I checked and rechecked my power antenna wiring and it just wouldnt go.

So now i have a stealthy switch, black and cant even see it in the install kit underneath my deck.

Thanks for the help.