Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Problem with remote starter 2004 Accord

Old 02-24-2006, 08:47 AM
sean_paul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with remote starter 2004 Accord

I just installed a Compustart 2w900fms on my 2004 Honda Accord. I used a Honda SL bypass module so I wouldn't have to cut a key for the transponder. It was working fine for the 1st month. Now it doesn't start when I press the start button on the remote. I re-programmed the bypass module and remotes. It worked for a day, but now it doesn't start in the mornings when it is cold. Any suggestions??
Old 02-24-2006, 08:50 AM
sean_paul

I meant to say that it doesn't start in the mornings when it is cold from the remote.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:13 AM
sean_paul

To be more specific, its cranking but not starting in the mornings with the remote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:31 AM
orbit77

do you have it set to voltage sense or tach. also does it crank over? or doesn't even turn the car over?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:01 AM
EGPrelude

is the HONDA SL bypass a keyless module?

IF it is, the module is probably losing the transponder memory. Seems that if youre just cranking, that the transponder unit is preventing it to start?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:31 AM
sean_paul

Default Remote starter problem

The car starts for a few seconds and shuts off. It does this 3 times. I have a Honda SL module installed. I have read that there is a replacement model Honda SL2 which just came out. Do you think that would solve the problem? Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 08:56 AM
orbit77

here a trick to see if the bypass is working or not. put your key in the the key cylinder but don't turn it and try to remote start the car. if it starts up than the bypass is having a problem or if it doesn't than the remote start is having a problem. i would check the transponder ring that goes around the key cylinder or see if the bypass is turning on with the remote start.

has your power died in your car anythime lately?

but i really want to say the unit is set to a voltage mode instead of tach. look under your hood see if there's a wire going to one of your injectors on your car if not than they set your car to voltage sense. usually when you set an remote start to voltage sense you'll have problems starting in the colder weathers so you'll have to set the crank time higher in the winter here sometimes but it should of been set to a tach mode. who installed your remote start for your?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 AM
sean_paul

Default 2004 Accord

I installed it myself. Used a new Honda SL bypass module. This module was just replaced with a Honda SL2 bypass module. I'm going to change the module and see if this does the trick. Thanks !
Old 05-01-2006, 12:31 PM
orbit77

is it set to voltage or tach? did you try putting the key in the cylinder and remote starting to see if it was the bypass like i said before? but it maybe warm now so you won't be having the same problem that you said you had before.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:50 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

How many alarms have you installed before?