Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Door Speaker Question? O_o

Old 02-20-2006, 04:42 PM
2000CivicSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Speaker Question? O_o

ok...I am gonna buy some speakers for my 2dr honda civic and I was wondering the size that the speakers are. Also I have been reading around and have read that some of the speakers are too big for the door and that you need to build spacers or something so they can fit in the door correctly. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

My 96 civic had 6.5 stockers but when I bought aftermarket 6.5's the magnet was too beefy for the factory plastic baffle. If you wanna risk it you can cut the plasitc pod out with a dremel and risk moisture getting to the speaker or you can build a spacer with the factory baffle like I did. Or some companies make shallow mount coaxials to fit tight spaces in the factory spot. O' yeah and I recommed to roll the window before you put the door panel back on so you can see if it will roll down and not hit the magnet like mine did when I was a nooblet. That really sucked In my wife's old 03 civic we put 5 1/4 so I wouldnt have to bother the stock baffles. And booyaaa "LIKE A GLOVE"
Old 02-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

lol, the window thing must have really pissed you off. in my integra i just removed the stupid plastic baffles and mounted my MB Quarts directly to the door. it clears the window, rain hasn't been a problem, and it sounds fine.