Notices

s2000 or srt-4??

Old 02-06-2006, 02:44 PM
tdgsr95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2000 or srt-4??

ok so far i haven't heard anything about this.. but on the way home today i saw an srt-4 drive by shortly after i saw an s2000 at a light in an intersection. i found myself wondering what would happen should each be at a light at the same time.. anyone witnessed or heard of any s2000/srt-4 races. just curious :thinking:

edit: both stock
Old 02-06-2006, 05:23 PM
dubcac
I

Who cares? It's a neon. But, the neon might have the edge due to making quite a bit more torque. In the twisties, the s2k would rape it.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:15 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

i agree with dubac... srt-4 has some good get up on the straight... but watch it die on the curves
Old 02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
tdgsr95

thats what i was thinkin.. but what about the top end. maybe say, from like a 40-60 mph roll? i mean the s2k is all about top-end.. just wondering guys, if i buy one i dont want to get shown up buy a neon.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:57 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by tdgsr95
thats what i was thinkin.. but what about the top end. maybe say, from like a 40-60 mph roll? i mean the s2k is all about top-end.. just wondering guys, if i buy one i dont want to get shown up buy a neon.
ill tell u from a roll as long as that snail is spinning... itll walk teh s2k.... not that my friend would know or anything cuz street racing is a TOS violationh:
Old 02-06-2006, 08:09 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Stock for stock it should be a pretty good run. The new srt-4 against the new s2000, I think with all things being equal the new s2000 would probably come out on top, but a pre 2004 would probably lose. It’s hard for me to say that because of how much I love my s2k and how much I dislike srt-4s. Ill explain why in at the end for those who care. I have tried a few times to run a friend in his srt-4, But he declines every time even though he always talks of how fast his car is. I’m fairly sure that I would be able to come out on top (if nothing else just because of driving skill) but it would be very close. Also the fact that he has an older one, the one with 215hp and w/out LSD. So I just think that the idea of a N/A 2.0L beating his turbocharged 2.4 and the ridicule of such an event happening is a little too much for him to risk. Plus he paid more for his srt-4 than I paid for my s2000. But he did buy his brand new and I did buy mine “pre-owned”. (a.k.a. used)

Why I dislike the SRT-4.
The first reason is everyone always talks about how great and fast they are but any one can slap a turbo on a big displacement engine and call it a day, hell it doesn’t even have to be a big displacement. Look at the RSX-S, put a turbo kit on it and it makes more whp at 7psi than the srt-4 does at 14psi. The car is cheaply made in the fit and Finnish (but then again what do you expect for under 20K). It lacks the refinement and forethought that most honda/acuras have. Yes it makes great power and it shows in the dyno numbers but honestly, take the engine out of it and what you have is a regular neon that most sport compact tuners wouldn’t take a second glance at. In my humble opinion the s2000 and the neon cant even be compared. They are two totally different cars, built for two totally different reasons, and made to appeal to two totally different types of people.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:12 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

The SRT-4 isn't a bad car but we're looking at cars engineered for two different purposes.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
killers2k

i ran an srt-4 on the freeway started in 3rd he was on me once i got into 4th i started to pull fifth gear he was like 3 cars behind after i got it to 142 he was to far to give and abouts lenght there not to fast on top end that or this guy was a pussy not sure but seemed like he was on it soon as i let off he caught up rather fast ive never got one of the line though
Old 02-07-2006, 10:22 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off street racing is for idiots, esp at that speed.

secondly, the srt-4 in the regular band (10-80mph) is pretty much as quick as the honda. they both weigh in with about the same hp/lb

tho off the line the honda is probably quicker on account of being RWD and not having to spool a turbo.

alot of this is also driver dependent.

in the twisties the s2k could lose the srt-4 in no time flat. it's weight balance is amazing and the ability to pull upwards of .9 g's on a skidpad doesnt hurt either.

the only problem is that being a turbo car the srt is easily upgraded to something with power being closer to that of an evo and STI than a 4 cyl honda
Old 02-08-2006, 03:55 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

As per terms of service, "unlawful activities will not be discussed in the forums" and that includes street racing.