Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Choosing an audio system?

Old 02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
civictuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing an audio system?

Hey guys u have a 97 civic ex with a jvc headunit, pioneers 6x9s in the back, and kenwoods up front. I'm thinking about putting a system in my car but deciding if i should go with alpine,pioneer or infinity or mix matching.Any ideas would help or thoughts about these systems.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:00 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

By system you mean?? It does not matter if you mix and match.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
civictuner

i meant which brand would be better and maybe some ideas on mixing the brands, such as which brand has the best speakers,subs, and amps. Any suggestions would help.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

I have Pioneer head unit - Infinity for high's and mids - Fosgate amps and subs. Thats my current setup as far as brands. Your system will only sound as good as your headunit will allow. Unless you wanna waste money on external crossover and equalizer's. Your high end headunits should already have those built in. Pioneer and Eclipse is all I will run from now on. My wife has a nice Sony headunit and it does the job(came with the car). So I usually go with what I have dealt with in the past and from close friends word of mouf! :blah: