Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Having Speaker issues again.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:54 PM
thebigbearlouis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having Speaker issues again.

So, I took everyone's advice and bought the pair of Kicker 05KS525 5-1/4" 2-Way Speakers for my Accord EX 91. Problem is, Definately not solved. It seems to be the wiring in the car and i have no idea how to fix that but my friends said that they can fix it as long as i buy the wires i need. I was wondering where i could find the wires because i cant really find it on Crutchfield and i was thinking about getting an amp+deck anyone know a good site to get a good deal on both or a combo deal if they have any, my friend also has a bazooka tube and wants to give it away so if i use that what amp + deck shoudl i get? thanks a bunch, louis.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:02 PM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, one problem at a time. You say that buying new speakers, did not solve your problem...what exactly was your problem?

If the wiring in the car is the problem, laying out new wires from the deck to the doors is not too tough. As for finding the wires, you just need to find generic wiring from a hardware store or from Home Depot or something. I believe that the factory size wiring is 20-22 gauge? SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. Crutchfield wont sell wire that small.

If you want an amp and a deck, there are plenty of places to get it from. It really sounds like you need to plan out your system and figure out what you want from it. A lot of places like Circuit City or Best Buy will have these combo deals.

If you want to use your friend's Bazooka tube, you will need a deck with a subwoofer preout, an amp that will power it, and all the wiring.

Give us more details about the tube, such as the model number so we can hlp you find an amp. And most importantly, what is your budget.