Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

CIVIC COUPE 97 - power cable thourgh the firewall

Old 01-09-2006, 03:59 AM
shahramsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CIVIC COUPE 97 - power cable thourgh the firewall

Hey guyz,
Where is the best place to pass the cable through the firewall?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:50 PM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

look under the dash on the passenger side, there will be a rubber plug that goes through the firewall. run the wire through there
Old 01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Ludemandan
Prelude tracktion

Also check (for the same plug) by going through the engine bay. It should be easier to route it that way too.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:21 AM
shahramsa

Thanks for the fast replies. Well I didnt mention that I tried it but cant pass the wire through it.

There is a whole at the back of the battery (battery is on the passenger side as I live in uk and not sure if it is diff to the LHD). its fairly big but blocked inside(there is soft thing inside like carpet). when i try to find the whole in the car I cant see anything. there is a whole with buch of cables comin out of it but nothing else. And I cant pass the wire through there as there is no more space for another cable in that whole.

If you can send a pic I will really really appreciate it.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:24 AM
burnrubber
Nucking Futs

you can go buy a new plug, just a small one and drill a hole in the firewall, put the plug in and run your wire
Old 01-24-2006, 04:20 AM
shahramsa

Default Found the best

Finally I found the best place to pass the wire though the firewall. There was a whole exactly behind the battery but firstly it was way up (in the car would be back of the dashboard and unreachable) and it was blocked anyways.

Just found another whole a lil bit furthur down. (saw it on my friends civic). Mine wasnt spare and there was somthing like a wire in it. But it was acually nothing but piece of plastic or like a cover for a wire. It comes straight in from the passenger side but the whole is underneath the carpet.

Just sent this for some ppl who will peobably need this help later.

Thanks

Last edited by shahramsa; 01-24-2006 at 11:14 AM.