Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Factory security alarm acting up

Old 01-05-2006, 12:58 AM
phaders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory security alarm acting up

Please help!! The factory alarm on my 02 Accord coupe has been going off recently. Sometime the system would armed when i locked the doors with the remote and other times it won't. When I pressed the lock button on my remote, the lights doesn't blink but when I pressed the unlock button the lights blink normally. The remote seems fine to me so I don't think it's the problem. The times when it does armed, the horn and lights would go off immediately without me doing anything to it. What could be causing it to do that? It goes off in the middle of the nights and my neighbors are complaining about the noise. I'd appreciated any help anyone can give me.

Also, is there a fuse for the security system that I maybe could disable and is there any where to lower the volume of the horn when it goes off??

Thank you in advance!!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:03 AM
oerdem19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the exactly same problem with my 1999 Honda accord V6. (coupe). Were you able to find a solution?