Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speaker Help...

Old 01-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Black95Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Help...

So I just sold my 5 channel crossfire 705d amp and purchased a rockford fosgate p5002, 2 channel amp. My problem is when I turn the cd player up enough to where the bass really starts to hit, the cabin speakers distort really bad. Im guessing this is because they are only powered by the headunit. So my question is, is there a not very expensive and easy way to go about getting rid of this distortion? I have been told that I can buy a small and cheap amp just to power the speakers, would that work? Thanks in advance.

Ryan
Old 01-03-2006, 09:35 AM
jragon

Well before you had a 5 channel amp running your system, and now it appears that you only have a two channel, which from the power output should be hooked up to your subs. So to answer your ? above yes you can get a cheap amp to run your other front and rear speakers, but this will not help them from distorting and also they in no way keep up with the highpowered RF amp you just installed. I would go with an amp with around 50 to 75 Watts RMS x 4. If I were you i'd couple your RF amp you have now with a RF 4 channel model at around this power. Your sound will be amazing and the amp will come with a crossover frequency selection to adjust the front and rear speakers correctly cutting out all of the low end signal ultimately lessing the chances for the speakers to distort.

Also are your front and rear speakers Stock or have you replaced them?
If they are stock you will get better sound then the deck with the new amp but if you are going for the best sound possible then replace front/rear spks.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Black95Accord

Originally Posted by jragon
also are your front and rear speakers Stock or have you replaced them?
If they are stock you will get better sound then the deck with the new amp but if you are going for the best sound possible then replace front/rear spks.
I have replaced my front and rear speakers with Crossfire speakers.
Thanks
Ryan