Notices

00' Accord won't start....HELP!!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:40 AM
thoroughbred24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00' Accord won't start....HELP!!

I have a 2000 Accord that will not start. The first time it did it we had it towed and had the fuel pump replaced. It worked good for a week and then started again. Several times I was able to unhook the neg. battery cable, sit for twenty sec. and then it would start; but now it is totally dead. When you try to start it, it will crank but not turn over then the fuel hand drops all the way to the bottom under the E. I replaced the Main Relay today but still no start. I'm trying to locate the ECU now to find the codes but am still searching. All the other electrical works fine, all the lights work, other gauges work, just this funny thing going on with the fuel hand. Also, I cannot hear the fuel pump running but I don't honestly think that I heard it run before when it was working. I've checked all the fuses too.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?
Old 01-02-2006, 02:11 PM
nanoeverything

Originally Posted by thoroughbred24
I have a 2000 Accord that will not start. The first time it did it we had it towed and had the fuel pump replaced. It worked good for a week and then started again. Several times I was able to unhook the neg. battery cable, sit for twenty sec. and then it would start; but now it is totally dead. When you try to start it, it will crank but not turn over then the fuel hand drops all the way to the bottom under the E. I replaced the Main Relay today but still no start. I'm trying to locate the ECU now to find the codes but am still searching. All the other electrical works fine, all the lights work, other gauges work, just this funny thing going on with the fuel hand. Also, I cannot hear the fuel pump running but I don't honestly think that I heard it run before when it was working. I've checked all the fuses too.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?
I would focus on the fuel injector. Did you tighten the fuel pulsation damper when you relieved the fuel pressure (replaced with a new washer when replaced it?) during the fuel pump replacement? You might want to check for faulty fuel pressure regulator and do a fuel pressure test with a fuel pressure gauge. My 2 cents.

nanoeverything
Old 01-02-2006, 02:34 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

fuel pump fuse is bad... check it on the driver side fuse panel... should be the last fuse...easy fix
Old 01-04-2006, 12:18 AM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the grounds in the engine compartment and under the dash as the fuel gauge acting like that ,unless the battery is dead or weak now does the green immobilizer blink when it doesn't start ? if so it's not reading your key also unless the check engine light stays on theres no codes in the computer. to check it you need a scanner .
Old 01-04-2006, 12:26 PM
mn__30

hey does the green key light on the dash light up when your tring to start the car?
Old 01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

its the battery similar thing happened to me I replaced the battery and it started up again.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:26 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

how old is the battery?