Notices

Vibrations???

Old 12-31-2005, 11:33 AM
badtameezboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations???

My car is Vibrating like crazy over 40, got the wheels balanced checked the intake mounts and seems to be ok but it vibrates when I go over 40.
The vibration is similar to when the wheels are not balanced but its something else. I just got new wheels and tires like 2 months ago.
What else causes the vibration while driving. Its an 04 V6 Coupe BTW.
Thanks
Old 01-01-2006, 02:26 PM
AcuraFanatic

I don't know what intake mounts are but okay. h:

My only other guess is that the wheel studs aren't filling out the wheel and are off center or bouncing around. You should try some hub centric rings.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:40 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Alignment. Again.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:07 PM
jschmid

Yep, alignment and wheel balance should identify the problem.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:13 PM
badtameezboy

I already did the balance, will do the alignment tommorow.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:44 AM
waaBAAH

alignment wouldnt make the tires shake. alignment would just wear tires/poor handling. not all mechanics do good jobs. they might have balanced the tire but did they check runout of the tire or rim? most mechanics that balance tires all day just close the balancing hood ...wait for the readout....add wheel weight where needed and they "might" spin it again to see if the tire balances out. also if it snows where you are....might have snow buildup in rim. more then likely it is either a) balancing or b) runout of tire not true. every tire has a little runout. rotate your front tires to the rear and you wont feel the vibration as much.
once again...alignment will not make your steering wheel shake.....alignment might wear your tires resulting in choppy tire wear which might cause shaking. but then again...if you get an alignment it wont solve your problem without getting new tires. i know someone will try to prove me wrong on this...go ahead....i am an alignment tech.

Last edited by waaBAAH; 01-02-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:47 AM
badtameezboy

^^ actualy it maked sense. The wheels are tires are brand new, just bought them about 2 months ago. I always get the balance done from SEARS.
What exactly is the runout or tire?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:49 PM
waaBAAH

runout is basically how perfectlly round your tire/rim is. it is funny you say sears....the tire balancer guys there really are the newest of the new for the mechanics. tech 1 opening position. but anyway...you could ask to see the runout. when the spin the wheel on the balancer they can shut off the machine and then open the hood of the balancer. this causes the wheel to spin freely. take something...anything that is stationary and hold it as close to your rim lip as possible.......now hold that same item close to your tire.

every tire has runout though...i would have him balance it again and tell the customer service associate that you would like to see if the rim is bent bc you still have the same problem.