Notices

questions on how to remove seats in 05' honda accord sedan

Old 12-30-2005, 05:26 PM
autofreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions on how to remove seats in 05' honda accord sedan

Hey there,

I've been searching on the web on how to remove the seats of my 2005 Honda Accord EX sedan so that i can install leather on it (EX w/o leather, dealership didn't have any 4cyl EX's with leather at the time i purchased mine) so does anybody know a website or know the instructions themselves on how to remove the seats, especially the instructions on how to remove the rear seat of my accord sedan. If you have any info. about it, please post it up. Thanks for your time.

p.s. if i find the instructions i'll post them up for everybody to see.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:05 PM
jschmid

Should be easy...if it's like the 6th gen, which I'm sure it's very similiar...

Front seats: Unbolt and unplug the connections. May have to slide seat back and forth to get access to bolts.

Rear: Start with the side bolsters, there is a 10mm bolt between the bottom cushion and the side bolster, remove that with a socket and extension to fit between the cushions. After the bolt is removed, slide the entire bolster upwards to free it. That will expose the remaing bolts. Once the bolts are removed, the seat back will be out, and then you just pull upwards on the seat bottom...it's held by one metal spring clip in the middle.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:05 PM
autofreak

thx jschmid, another quick question, will i be braking the metal spring clip if i pull upwards? I dont really dont wanna mess up my seats so i'm doing my homework and cant be too cautious, i'm sure you understand the bond between a guy and his car (no matter what car lol).
Old 01-01-2006, 08:30 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by autofreak
thx jschmid, another quick question, will i be braking the metal spring clip if i pull upwards? I dont really dont wanna mess up my seats so i'm doing my homework and cant be too cautious, i'm sure you understand the bond between a guy and his car (no matter what car lol).
Haha, I know what you mean. You aren't going to break them...I didn't describe them very well, they are metal hoops that snap into the floor of the car, I took some pics of my cloth ones for you:

This first one shows one of two clips towards the front of the seat bottom, you'll just pull upwards to release them:

This pic shows a clip that is towards the rear of the seat bottom, you'll pull forward after the front is loose to release it from this clip.

Again, this is for a 6th gen, but I know a guy who actually installed 7th gen seats rear seats into his 6th gen coupe, so I'm sure your sedan seats are basically identical to my 6th gen.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Seat clip.jpg (122.9 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg
Seat clip 2.jpg (105.2 KB, 165 views)
Old 01-02-2006, 05:59 PM
autofreak

thanks alot jschmid, i saw the pics of your car and i can tell you and your honda have a special "bond" lol. That's one sleek sedan, looks more like a sports car than family sedan.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:33 PM
autofreak

are those hog rings i see?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Knight2dro

how much would it cost to covert to leather? where would you get it from?
I have a 04 EX w/o leather and always wondered about this.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:33 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by autofreak
are those hog rings i see?
There is a metal framework within the foam padding, the clips fasten the cloth to the metal wire.

Originally Posted by Knight2dro
how much would it cost to covert to leather? where would you get it from?
I have a 04 EX w/o leather and always wondered about this.
All depends on how much you find it for. For an aftermarket set of leather covers that replace your cloth ones and usually require professional install would run about $5-600. If you get lucky and find OEM leather seats, it just depends on condition, etc. I paid $300 for mine, and it was a steal imo.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:38 PM
autofreak

I bought some from this guy on ebay for 400 dollars and 20 shipping fee. I own a 2005 Honda Accord EX sedan w/o leather too (as i posted earlier). I'm gonna install them myself, the guy from ebay gave me a couple websites on how to install the leather seats, i wanted to know how to take off the seats of my specific vehicle and take off the cloth so that i dont screw anything up. Thanks to jschmid i have a clearer idea of how to install the leather. Here are the websites on how to install leather seat covers:

www.auto-interior.com/seatinstallation.htm

www.autoaccessoriesrusfl.com/leatherinstall.htm

www.leatherseats.com/pages/installation.htm

I also would really like to install that xm sattellite radio antennae just because of the way it looks (looks cool in my opinion), not necessarily get the real xm radio but just the antennae ( the one that is mounted on the rear portion of the roof, the one made by honda).

Last edited by autofreak; 01-06-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:49 PM
autofreak

I had a change of plans and got them installed for 85 dollars. Man they look nice.