Notices

06 Accord V6 idle noise

Old 12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
sharxford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Accord V6 idle noise

Just picked up an 06 Accord V6 - it's smooth and powerful, but whenever I stop at a traffic light, all I can hear is the grumbling of the engine. It's really loud - much louder than my '03 Protege 5 which I used to think was loud...

I've heard that there is a manufacturer's bulletin to remedy this. Anybody know about this? Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:34 PM
tkamiya

Noise is a very subjective thing. It has alot to do with frequency and vibration as well as the actual noise level.

However, I can say this... My 4 cylinder LX is almost silent at idle especially if I have my a/c turned off. I can hear a little and there is a little idle vibration, but neither is objectionable. As far as quietness is concerned, my standard is very high.

I did have noise issue with my LX - in which the problem was traced to a broken exhaust mount bracket and rubbing of transmission coolant line. It took 3 visits to the dealer and Honda corporate to track down the problem.

All I can suggest is perhaps do a test ride at a dealership and see how yours compare. If you still think yours is abnormal, have a service advisor ride with you.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:38 PM
James281

my 06 accord are quiet... very quiet.. check with the dealer.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:05 AM
sharxford

Thanks. I will follow up on those suggestions. I agree that noise is subjective, but I had several passengers note the same thing. I have been told that Honda's are generally loud on idle, but that seems an inadequate explanation - Consumer Reports noted the same problem in their long term test vehicle.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Dozorca

What is the RPM @ idle? The 7-gen accord is very smooth.... sometimes, after a long drive, the engine will idle @ around 600 rpm, which creates a vibration that can be felt inside the car, but normally, it stays @ the 700 rpm range.

If you are uncomfortable about the car, visit your nearest honda dealer, and express your concerns... It doesn't cost anyting but your time...