Notices

Accord master power window switch

Old 12-20-2005, 08:30 PM
kensey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord master power window switch

My power window master switch recently gave up the ghost entirely (after six months of increasingly intermittent operation), and after a nervous night of the car sitting in the parking lot of my apartment building with the front driver's side window open, and a trip to three junkyards the next morning, I finally found a 1997 Accord I could pull parts from.

Good: the window switch worked. My windows are all running right again

Bad: it's the "wrong" one (black baseplate, my original had a white plate). The electrical connectors fit, the windows work, and the top fits fine into the holes for the switches in the handle trim, but the screw holes are in different locations and the rim on top doesn't fit into the skirt on the trim.

Has anybody come up with a clever way of securely attaching the black-plate master switch array to the trim piece made for the white-plate array? (Or vice-versa, if you think your method could be adapted to work for me.) I could superglue it on, but that seems inelegant.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:32 PM
kluckerz

i had a similar problem.... i have 97coupe... and finding the 2 door switch is very hard... i yanked out the old switch out and sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner... and it started to work again...
Old 12-22-2005, 07:11 PM
AccordManiac
Korean Member

How about replacing the housing from non-working master switch?