Notices

Suspension Questions

Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM
WillT.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Questions

Hello,
Right now I am a proud owner of a 2000 Accord LX I4 Coupe. I am wanting to slightly lower my car for improved handling and to get rid of some of the unwanted fender gap. I only want but about a 1" drop, however, I have got the ugly stock steelies with plastic hub caps. I have looked all over trying to find pics of 6th Gen. with the same, or similar setup, only to come up empty. I guess my big question would be, should I go ahead and get some new wheels, preferably 16" or 17" and very reasonably priced, or get a new suspension?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:43 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

it is really up to you...whatever you feel like is more worth it. if you have time to spare then wait until you wear out your tires first and get the drop.

if your tires are prety low and then invest in a set of nice rims and wait for the drop.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:28 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

replacing your rims/tires will be more cosmetic compared to replacing your stock suspension. you're just going to need to make up your mind as to which youre willing to work on first. altogether it'll cost you about less than $2k to do everything (including installation), so keep that in mind. if you could, id just save up and do everything at the same time.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:02 PM
WillT.

Thanks for all of the replies so far. I'm sorry for not responding sooner, but I have been working all day. One of the owners of the shop that I work at likes to work on cars and whatnot, so I asked where I could find a Honda junkyard around where I live. He told about one where he got a new Honda tranny about eight years ago for $350 with a 30k mile warranty on it. I plan on giving them a call to see if they have any OEM Accord wheels.

Oh, and, what would be a good set of springs that would lower my Accord about 1"? I have seen where the Tein H Tech springs lower about that amount, but are they any good or reliable?

Anyways, thanks for all the help.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:35 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by WillT.
Thanks for all of the replies so far. I'm sorry for not responding sooner, but I have been working all day. One of the owners of the shop that I work at likes to work on cars and whatnot, so I asked where I could find a Honda junkyard around where I live. He told about one where he got a new Honda tranny about eight years ago for $350 with a 30k mile warranty on it. I plan on giving them a call to see if they have any OEM Accord wheels.

Oh, and, what would be a good set of springs that would lower my Accord about 1"? I have seen where the Tein H Tech springs lower about that amount, but are they any good or reliable?

Anyways, thanks for all the help.
i believe teins are not AS performance orientated but a reliable company.
should feel close to oem.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:04 PM
WillT.

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I have been thinking, what would be a good tire size to go with if I were to get some 16" wheels? I was wanting something that wouldn't give my car that 4x4 look. My uncle has a white '00 Accord just like mine, except he has an EX with the CL 16" wheels on it, and I think that it looks really good. I am not sure of the size tire that he has got on them, so I would really appretiate any suggestions. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can go with 16" with 205/55-16. 16s should be fine without a drop, since some 01-02 accords come with 16s stock.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:05 PM
neonknight0311

I have Tein H specs...I can't be happier. No bounce, excellent performance handling too, no bottoming out, I have so much fun driving my car I take it on the road instead of a rental when I go on business trips. The drop is clean, agressive without being slammed and useless on most urban road surfaces. Cornering is crisp (I have a new suspension and braking system too) and under control even at high speeds (say taking a 30mph turn at 70+). I have owned H&R, Neuspeed, and Eibach, these are better because they are not that stiff. Car handles like my ex's 540i. I mean the Tein are better because they are not as stiff.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:08 PM
WillT.

Hey, thanks man, I really appreciate it. Right now, I am planning on either getting a set of OEM 16" wheels, or I might get my brothers. He is also wanting some of the same wheels for his Accord. If he gets them before I do, then I will just get is 15" alloys that are in really good condition.

Thanks again for all of the help.