Notices

why is my accord slow

Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM
04accordcoupe
oh how i wish i had a V6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is my accord slow

ok, this is about my accord but i dont know if it belongs in this forum, but i didnt know where else to put it.
ok so every time i slam my foot to the pedal, it takes a long while for it to actually gain power. but when i gradually step on the accelorator pedal, it feels like the car has more power. i heard this might be due to the fuel pressure regulator cuz when i slam on the accelorator there might not be enough fuel. what can i do to help this problem. is there a performance fuel pressure regulator, if that is the problem.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:45 PM
jschmid

Auto?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by 04accordcoupe
ok, this is about my accord but i dont know if it belongs in this forum, but i didnt know where else to put it.
ok so every time i slam my foot to the pedal, it takes a long while for it to actually gain power. but when i gradually step on the accelorator pedal, it feels like the car has more power. i heard this might be due to the fuel pressure regulator cuz when i slam on the accelorator there might not be enough fuel. what can i do to help this problem. is there a performance fuel pressure regulator, if that is the problem.

I dont know about your accord but when i slam mine to the ground.........im.....iiiizzzzzooouutttttttt!.

I had a similar issue but my car actually started to buck and shit.
The CEL came on and I assume I had a clogged fuel line. It went away after a couple of nights of sitting in the honda dealers garage. They couldnt find the problem at all.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:47 PM
FallenAngelHIM

why would you floor your car?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:56 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

it might have to do a lot w/ throttle response. do you have an aftermarket intake? if things arent clamped down properly air might be leaking and cause you to have to wait on a good flow of air coming through. and yeah, if you have an auto it will take more time to pick up.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

when you slam it, it actually bogs the engine aas opposed to slowly accelerating to full throttle...thats what ive heard.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
kimchipower

because its a 4cyl?? no torque?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
FLip wit da Flo

dude accords are slow period.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:59 AM
exbrick
I'd rather be driving.

**WARNING: SCIENCE CONTENT** (Mythbusters fans?)

The lag is just the transient while the ECU adjusts for the sudden change in throttle position. It shouldn't be that noticeable but it takes the fuel system a few moments to catch up. Think about what's going on inside the engine. At the instant that you nail that the throttle there is a very sudden flood of air into the engine. This results in a lean mixture until the air mass meter and O2 sensor tell the ECU what's happening, at which point the ECU adds fuel. Lean = less fuel = less power. Some ECUs actually revert to open-loop at WOT which brings the mixture all the way over to rich. Rich = air is displaced by extra fuel that won't burn = less power, too. That's to protect the engine from pinging and unsightly CELs. So I really doubt that there is anything wrong with your car at all. You can check for vacuum leaks as others said but otherwise just go a little easier on the throttle.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Honura_Kit

Originally Posted by FLip wit da Flo
dude accords are slow period.
^ indeed, V6 with 240+ prabably go out, but not v4 lol.