Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Removing rear speakers in Integra

Old 12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
91civicb16a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing rear speakers in Integra

Hey, I picked up some polk audio 6.5's for the front and back and got the fronts all snugged in and then went to back and I hit a DEAD END. Is honda really going to make me remove the WHOLE side panel to get them speakers out? I took off the speaker grill and i dont see how the factory speaker is coming out without removing the whole panel. If so, could someone please give me some instruction on how to do this? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:48 PM
97teg

You pretty much have to take the whole back out. I dont think you can get to the screws without doing it but i may be wrong. Youll have to take the seat back out. There is a little c clip plastic thing that you jsut grab with a needle nose and pull. Push the seat towards the outside of the car enough and it should come off. Then start at the back in the trunk. Take the pannel in the very rear out. You just stick something in the clip and the middle should pop up and then you can pull it out. Take all of these out and the back plastic should come off. Then take all the screw looking plastic clips. There is one inder the back seat bottom. I just pushed the seat to the side and got to it. If you want to take the rear bottom out its jsut one screw in the back and then it will pull up in the front. If you havent done it before it may take some force. The other thing to not is on the left side i think there is a screw inside where the cover is for the shock. After you have everything out you pull out on the plastic. This will also take some force. There are metal clips that need to come loose all along the top. Then at the door pull it a bit foward and the whole pannel should release. It may be a bit stuck but after you do it once or twice it will get easier. The first time can be tough. It took me quite a bit of yanking to get mine off the first time. The only thing is that it can be a bit tricky to not break any of the clips. I broke one but it didnt seem to make a difference (no rattles or anything). Sounds like a lot but jsut go though and make sure you have all the clips out before you start pulling. After you do it once or twice it wont be too bad.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
97teg

On second thought. I could have saved myslef a lot of time.

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=170
Old 12-18-2005, 04:52 PM
jragon

Yep, No easy way to do it. First time I ran into this is when I worked at Circuit City and a 15 minute job turned into a 2 hour ordeal. Major Pain in the ASS + Polk audio's are usually slightly bigger than the stock speaker diameter so this makes you either dremel some of the plastic away to make the diameter bigger or build your own pods for the 6.5's. ABS sheets are your friend.