Notices

Bad clutch or one of the cylinders?

Old 12-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Debra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad clutch or one of the cylinders?

Hi there all, Hope you can help me. Clutch was sticking in my 91 5sp Accord for the last few days. Had to pull it back up with my toes several times. Started it today, backed up and it died. Tried to put it in gear with engine runnig and it would not find any gear. With key off, gears will engage...but staring it in gear with clutch depressed it moves forward. Saw that a resevoir , small one right by the brake resevioir was empty. Filled it, but still no luck. Saw some fluid leaking where I believe the slave cylinder to be> is that boot supposed to show the rod? Can that be the problem? Any ideas? Thanks for any and all help. Hope I can fix this myself. Debra
Old 12-14-2005, 03:17 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like your clutch master or slave cylinder is leaking the small resevoir right next to the braker master is the right one you have to fill it then get down on the floor and use your hand to pump the clutch pedal until it builds pressure , then it hopefully work long enough to take it in to a shop the have the offending part replaced