Notices

Dashboard lights on 92 Accord EX....

Old 12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
ajampam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard lights on 92 Accord EX....

Hi Guys,
This is my first post here and I can really use some Honda expertise here. My 92 Accord started giving me issues since a couple of days. First, the transmission light in the dashboard (shows you the gear you currently are on) started blinking. At the same time the speedometer and odometer stopped working completely. The blinking of the gear light starts after driving it for a minute and after 3-4 minutes of driving the "check engine" light comes on and stays on persistently. I am totally lost as to what the problem is. The other thing is that I live in Minnesota and yes, it was pretty cold (-5F) when the problem started. Can anyone guide me as to what the deal could be? Many thanks for any help.

P.S: Also another thing I did check for was the fuses. I only found the fusebox under the hood. Is there any other fuse box in the accord also? As so many things in the dashboard stopped working all at once I cant help but wonder if it is some fuse problem.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Cousin It

Your VSS has gone bad. The VSS takes the place of a regular speedomoter cable. The VSS is driven by a small gear off of the transmission and the sensor tells the computers how fast you are going. The D4 light is blinking beacuse the TCU isn't getting a signal and the CEL is on because the ECU isn't getting a signal. It's an easy replacement. Pull the electrical connector and take the two bolts out that hold the sensor down. Be careful not to lose the tiny drive gear.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:03 AM
ajampam

Originally Posted by Cousin It
Your VSS has gone bad. The VSS takes the place of a regular speedomoter cable. The VSS is driven by a small gear off of the transmission and the sensor tells the computers how fast you are going. The D4 light is blinking beacuse the TCU isn't getting a signal and the CEL is on because the ECU isn't getting a signal. It's an easy replacement. Pull the electrical connector and take the two bolts out that hold the sensor down. Be careful not to lose the tiny drive gear.
THanks very much for the guidance. I will look into it right away!!!