Notices

HFP package???

Old 12-11-2005, 03:53 AM
jousx101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HFP package???

okay, so i didn't get the hfp package for my 05coupe.....i wanted to know if you guys thought that spending around 4,000 for the whole hfp package was worth it? or would i be able to get better things such as coils, rims, and the oem lip kit for around the same price??? i definitely want the oem lip kit, so being that it cost around 800 or so, would 3,200 be enough to get myself the remaining parts that hfp package has? (ie, suspension, rims w/ tires and the rest of the stuff that comes in hfp)?? k...any replies are welcome =)
Old 12-11-2005, 05:17 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

Not even close to worth it IMO. However, I did get the full aero kit for $1,400 and the spoiler for $500. I like the look MUCH better, so I think that's worth the money. Save that money for some nicer rims, and your own suspension setup. Or just save the money.

Oh, and the Honda dealership wanted to charge me $400 to put the aero kit on. It took me only 3.5 hours to install by myself - start to finish - without instructions.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:34 AM
badtameezboy

try www.handaaccessories.com to see what they are charging
Old 12-11-2005, 04:07 PM
jousx101

K thanks I think ill just get the aerokit then. And save the rest for other things
Old 12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
jschmid

You can get the HFP suspension for $450 on Handa. So it's not any more that what you will pay for aftermarket suspension...and in most cases it's much cheaper...my Koni shocks were more than that alone.

I think it just comes down to what you want. If you want just a little drop and don't want to lose ride quality, I could see the HFP being a good option. If you want more performance then yes, you'll need to look to aftermarket.

But I don't think it's a bad package. A coupe all decked out with HFP items would be a sweet daily driver.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:34 PM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

If you want a drop only, the cheapest is to clip the springs. If done right, it has no adverse side effects, and you get to keep your stock ride quality while cutting/dropping to your specific ride height likings.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:58 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Kinda Sucks

Kinda sucks that those are options or a performance package that comes factory on the JDM model Honda Inspire model here ( the Honda Accord USA is a rebadged RHD Honda Inspire) I think its a bit costlly tho, altho i think the grille treatmant and a few options that yu should consider just getting them shipped frum a part of asian from an Inspire that would look great. Like the Grille that we have in asia looks very cool and is open , unlike the one's i seen in the states. Anyway , my point is that the HFT wut yu call it is a costlly option for sumthin that is stock on next to and top model Inspires here.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RealDeal
If you want a drop only, the cheapest is to clip the springs. If done right, it has no adverse side effects, and you get to keep your stock ride quality while cutting/dropping to your specific ride height likings.
you better put on your flame suit.

cutting springs is the worst things you can do for your suspension. You will lose stock ride quality and will eventually blow out your stock struts, not to mention your ride will be uneven.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:20 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default so true

Originally Posted by janiVI
you better put on youre flame suit.

cutting springs is the worst things you can do for your suspension. You will lose stock ride quality and will eventually blow out your stock struts, not to mention your ride will be uneven.
Sooo true, i cut my share of springs, cut springs arent as strong as , full length springs designed to have a shortened height. And when the shocks go, so does the rest.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:42 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

I've had cut springs for almost 3 years on my old '02 Camaro SS, and had an even ride, with stock ride quality, and no problems whatsoever. IF YOU CUT THEM CORRECTLY AND CAREFULLY, there are no negative side effects. The front springs on my '04 Accord are now cut, and I've been riding around like that for over a year with no negative side effects.

There are a lot of guys who have just hacked their springs up, then have problems and assume it was because the springs were clipped at all. There are other guys who have never had clipped springs, and who jump on the bandwagon with those guys against cutting springs.

I was skeptical before I had it done, and now I would NEVER buy springs if I just wanted the car lowered and a stock ride quality.

And if I need a flamesuit for anything... can I borrow the one you always use for that "free mp3 player" scam?