Notices

intake for 94 accord

Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake for 94 accord

hi, i just bought a short ram air intake for my 94 accord ex (vtec). i am ready to install, but i ran into an issue when looking at the factory system. there appears to be another tube running to the factory hose, right next the hose that is connected to the valve cover. theres no other opening on the new aluminum pipe, just one for the valve cover tube. any idea on what this is and how i can hook it in to the new pipe? the instructions that came with it are for the standard 4-cyl and i dont think that part is covered.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:16 PM
JDM ACCORD

you're not supposed to connect the other hose, its already connected. connect the hose that goes to the intake and the other hose leave it alone, if you follow that hose down, you'll see that its connected to the motor. they are two separate hoses.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

well... ok i really didnt understand that but again, theres 2 hoses next to each other on the stock pipe, one goes to the valve cover, and the other one goes to something else right there (not sure what it is), but there is only one port on the aluminum pipe, and according to the instructions its for the one that goes to the valve cover. doesnt mention anything about the one right next to it...
Old 12-10-2005, 04:39 PM
JDM ACCORD

only connect one, the one going to the valve cover...