Notices

Speed & Tach Face Plates

Old 12-07-2005, 08:33 PM
dg95677

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed & Tach Face Plates

I have a 1995 Accord EX Coupe. The face plates on the tach and speedo have a couple of bubbles in them. I don't know how they formed. I happened to look at the gauge closely one day and saw the bubbles beginning to form. They have been getting bigger over the months. I would like to fix the problem, since they are not pretty to look at. I don't want to buy each entire gauge if I can avoid it. Can I buy just the face plates without buying the entire gauge? Also, how hard would it be to take the dash apart to repair the problem. I have a shop manual describing the procedure. I have never done a job this big before, so I want to know if I am getting in over my head.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:35 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

this is actually a problem that occurs somewhat often, i will take this chance to welcome you to HAN, and not asking if "lambo doors" will make your car stupid-fast. use the search function and you should find some previous threads on this, along with all the information on ways of fixing it.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
accordsir86

its not hard at all. you can find some pretty nice gauge faces on ebay for dirt cheap. they look good too. the gauge cluster assembly all comes apart by taking out a few screws here and there. and goes bak together the same way. not hard at all. many gauge faces out there today are made to slip right over the stock oem gauge face, so installation is easy and you wont have to take apart the tach and speedo housing from the gauge cluster assembly. the panels that kinda hold the gauge cluster in place pop off easily too no screws or bolts to take off the panels.