Notices

What springs would you suggest?

Old 12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
jhightower31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What springs would you suggest?

I'm looking to put springs on my car. I own a 92 Accord 4dr. LX. What do you think of these companys, are they good or junk? If junk point me in a good direction.

Honda DZSport Lowering Springs

Click to enlarge
2.5 Drop F&R

DZ SPORT springs are true performance lowering springs, not just a shorter stock spring. They are designed the way performance springs should be, with the correct spring rate and ride height for each specific application. Lowering vehicles from 2.0'' - 2.5'', according to vehicle specifications, providing race car looks with handling to match. All our kits are made with the same quality material and design standards used with our lowering sport springs kits. Also designed to be used with Our sport shock absorbers. Minor modifications or camber kits may be required

Sprint Lowering Springs

Click to enlarge
2.25 Drop F&R

Since 1995, Sprint Performance Suspension has designed, engineered, inspected, and tested its suspension products in its own extensive facilities. By doing everything in-house, you can rest assured that you are getting lowering springs of the highest quality workmanship, not to mention the accuracy of fitment and handling optimization for each specific street car. Made with the enthusiast in mind, Sprint springs are designed to properly and safely lower your vehicle's center of gravity through the use of proprietary progressive spring rates; reducing squat during acceleration, body roll in the turns, and nose dive under braking. All Sprint springs are shot-peened, heat treated, pre-set, inspected, tested, and performance powder-coated to insure a lifetime of durability. Manufactured in the USA using the finest chrome silicon steel on computerized CNC coil machines, Sprint stands behind its line of ISO 9001 certified lowering springs. With a limited lifetime warranty, Sprint Performance Suspension truly has the engineering and designing expertise that speaks for itself

Eibach Springs just don't have the drop I'm looking for. I don't want to be draging the bottom of my damn car over everything in the road though. If I wanted the feel of hydralics then I would purchase those. I'm not looking for bounce but I still would like to maintain traction going around corners. If anyone could help me iI'd be happy. Don't want to spend over $200 on springs if i can help it. I know over 2" requires a camber kit which is no prob.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
phinney21

i've bought a set of 2in drop spring from megan racing and i like them alot. they are alot stiffer than my stock ones. their site is www.megan-racing.com my sponser deals with these guys and has good luck
Old 12-07-2005, 05:39 PM
jschmid

H&R, Eibach, etc
Old 12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
kurare

H&R. it is stiff!
Eibach are as stiff due to its non-progressive nature.
but mind u they're good too!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:40 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

as jschmid said... and also with the drops you have i would sugest some shocks also, like tokico or koni yellow... something to handle the diffrent spring hight. if its seems cheap enough to eaisly afford they are prolly shit
Old 12-07-2005, 08:43 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Originally Posted by jschmid
H&R, Eibach, etc
Listen to this guy.

I've had H&R Sports on my 6th gen since day one and it's been fine.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:05 PM
dastros22

Evolution what shocks did you match with the H&R springs and how much of a drop did it give you?
Old 12-18-2005, 08:09 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Originally Posted by dastros22
Evolution what shocks did you match with the H&R springs and how much of a drop did it give you?
1.5/1.25 + stock, now with konis
stocks ok for daily driving, but konis better for track
Old 12-18-2005, 08:47 PM
hidewai

Originally Posted by evolution
1.5/1.25 + stock, now with konis
stocks ok for daily driving, but konis better for track

evolution the stock shocks and h&R require camber kit??i would like to drop my 2000 accord 1.5 inch...because i just put 17 rims for my car...and the gaps look pretty ungly....but i don't wanna spend alot $$$ for shocks....but many ppl said that...just change the springs...the shock won't last too long....so what can i do???thx
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 PM
04accordcoupe
oh how i wish i had a V6

tein, all the way baby.