Notices

jackson supercharger in gsr?

Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
tsizzle99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jackson supercharger in gsr?

hey i have a 2k gsr and was wondering wut ur guys recomendations toward me getting a jackson racing supercharger was...i wanted to get a turbo...but in cali...no carb=no go(other then greddy turbo....:dunno: ) so i was wondering if you guys think this is a good way to go...lemme know wut u guys think...thanx
Old 11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

a few questions:
1. How much money are you willing to invest into this set-up?

2. Hp Goals?
3. Track or strip?
4. mods currently?

5. your question, is it turbo vs supercharger? or what we think about Sc on the gsr?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:36 PM
tsizzle99

well...i dont think i can get a turbo cuz of carb and supercharger goes better wit h my setup with dc stainless headers and v2 intake...so like...do u think a sc in a gsr is a good idea or shuld i spend my money on sumtin else...
Old 11-02-2005, 09:36 PM
tsizzle99

uh...money wise? i was gona get sc and then timing retard and hopefull that wuld be it maybe a little bit here and there...but nuttin to seroius...lol
Old 11-02-2005, 09:48 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

well, all i know s my neighbor had a 98gsr supercharged and it was ast as hell. broke a lot(don tknow why) but took a lot of cars here. then he moved to NYC and it got jacked. SUX. i thought wih a SC you can run an intercooler. if it were me do that and sell the V2, im sure youll see more HP gains
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 PM
tsizzle99

so you wuld recomend the sc for my gsr? wut does anyone else think....
Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 PM
mean-azz-acura
Grand Sport-Race

that seems to be a controversial subject here in HAN. i think a while back one person said supercharging an import wasnt cool, so now thats the concensus. ive seen the jackson racing supercharger in action on a 2k civic si an it was pretty impressive. turbos leave room for almost endless expansion down the road where SC are very limited for boost options. if you know you can live with only a small amount of upgrade in pressure then go for it. you dont seem to want a turbo so the only other decent alternative would be the SC. your money spent on something else wouldnt give anything close to the gains that come with boost. on top of that, they sound so damn cool...
Old 11-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Jackson Racing is notorious for the worst customer service known to man. They don't stand behind their shitty products at all.

Before you consider anything, just read this fine article: http://www.hybridgarage.com/tech/marc-jrsc-after.html
Old 11-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

additionally... i've heard that any forced induction (given a high enough whp goal.) in an integra produces an inability to hook up without any decent knowledge of how to launch very frequently....

with a charger you'll have that little bit of time when the turbo doesn't kick in, so when you're driving normal, you'll be all set... with a SC where it's all instant power, it's going to take effect on your driving habits... and probably number of speeding tickets. =P
Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Originally Posted by Ninj4r
additionally... i've heard that any forced induction (given a high enough whp goal.) in an integra produces an inability to hook up without any decent knowledge of how to launch very frequently....

with a charger you'll have that little bit of time when the turbo doesn't kick in, so when you're driving normal, you'll be all set... with a SC where it's all instant power, it's going to take effect on your driving habits... and probably number of speeding tickets. =P
the JRSC doesn't go into full boost until the trottle is open 75-100%. the bypass valve remains partially open < 75% throttle so at a launch, you can maintain traction.