Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

Exciting weekend of autox

Old 10-05-2005, 06:17 PM
syclone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exciting weekend of autox

this past weekend, we had the annual SCNAX cup. don't be surprised if you read about it in 'Sports Car' magazine in the future.. maybe even GRM. anywho, it's a 4 man, 4 car tournament. each driver must drive his/her teammates cars (one of the cars must have a different drivetrain.. can't be all fwd.. must have one rwd or awd and vice versa). our team mananged to trophy this year in 3rd place. but the unexpected trophy was that really got me. the most prestigious trophy presented during this tournament is the top driver trophy. which simply means the total of your times in all 4 cars with the appropriate car pax added in. last year's winner was Will Kalman.. shouldn't be much of a surprise. This year it was yours truly.. i edged out Will by just over 1/10th of a second. he did have the 'cheater' civic in his arsenal as well. i'm still in disbelief, but i'm lovin it..
Old 10-06-2005, 07:20 PM
azian21485

congrats!! i'd much rather you pilot the accord than the civic but you're really steppin up this year =)
Old 10-06-2005, 08:07 PM
syclone

Originally Posted by azian21485
congrats!! i'd much rather you pilot the accord than the civic but you're really steppin up this year =)
i would have, but i think the 6th gen engine is more sensitive and less forgiving to being driven hard.. it's ok on street tires, but too much hesitation was going on with r-comp tires. that's the only reason why i switched to the civic.. at the end of the year, if i have enough points to win the regional title, i'll run the last event in sts with my friend's automatic 6th gen coupe i setup for him. let's see where i rank against will kalman and ken motonishi..